Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Adventism and It's Fundamental Beliefs Number 20 - The Sabbath
10/20/2006 9:07:41 PM

Hi My Friends, this particular belief is where Adventism takes a turn from the mainstream of religious beliefs. I find it fitting to share with you this belief on this day, according to our biblical beliefs, the Sabbath begins at sunset, and continues until sunset on Saturday evening, just as the Jews observe the Sabbath.

~~~~~~~~~

20. Sabbath:
The beneficent Creator, after the six days of Creation, rested on the seventh day and instituted the Sabbath for all people as a memorial of Creation. The fourth commandment of God's unchangeable law requires the observance of this seventh-day Sabbath as the day of rest, worship, and ministry in harmony with the teaching and practice of Jesus, the Lord of the Sabbath. The Sabbath is a day of delightful communion with God and one another. It is a symbol of our redemption in Christ, a sign of our sanctification, a token of our allegiance, and a foretaste of our eternal future in God's kingdom. The Sabbath is God's perpetual sign of His eternal covenant between Him and His people. Joyful observance of this holy time from evening to evening, sunset to sunset, is a celebration of God's creative and redemptive acts. (Gen. 2:1-3; Ex. 20:8-11; Luke 4:16; Isa. 56:5, 6; 58:13, 14; Matt. 12:1-12; Ex. 31:13-17; Eze. 20:12, 20; Deut. 5:12-15; Heb. 4:1-11; Lev. 23:32; Mark 1:32.)

+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Adventism and It's Fundamental Beliefs Number 20 - The Sabbath
10/21/2006 3:22:22 AM

Hi James,

It is good to set aside a day  to rest and meditate and pray and keep holy. But what has man done with ?? they tend to become just sunday christians,  I think that its all explained well in Col chap 2:13 onwards.

stay blessed  dear friend

Pauline R

+0
10/21/2006 8:55:09 AM

Hello, James!

God does recognize the need to rest and recharge at least one day.  I work at night and over the weekend so, I take my do-nothing day on Tuesday.  Okay, I do not get out of cleaning the cat box any day, but that's it!  No work on Tuesday if I'm off that day.  I might fly my RC airplanes or helicopter if it's not too windy and if I feel like going out of the house.

By the way, I think God understands and it does not matter which day, as long as a sabbath is taken.

Kate

Kate McCrea Black Cat Originals Will Bring Your Fashion Vision To Life! http://www.blackcatoriginals.com
+0
10/21/2006 3:20:11 PM
Do we really know that the 7th day was Saturday?
According to our calender the 1st day is Sunday
which makes the 7th day Saturday, but I think we
can all agree there were no names for days when the
earth was created and counting from the first day to
the seventh doesn't necessarily mean that day
was Saturday. I believe that God meant for us to set
aside one day out of every week to reflect on His goodness
and to refresh ourselves for the coming week, and whether
you have a set place to worship or not, and many don't...
they have to worship in a field or in a private home because
they aren't allowed to assemble an actual church or temple
where they live.
We are fortunate in this country to have the freedom to
worship and fellowship with others who share our beliefs.
So out of honor and obedience to our father we should
go where we have the priveledge to go and worship him
at least one day per week. Actually, we should be in the
worship mindset every single day, including the day we
choose to rest, because of what he's done for us.

Rebecca
DID YOU KNOW? The U.S. Social Security Board reports that 85 out of 100 Americans reaching age 65 don't possess as much as $250. And only 2% are self-sustaining (the rest dependent on family, church, or the government)! Want to know what the "2-percenters" know that you don't? www.sfi4.com/11579740/FREE
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/21/2006 8:32:50 PM

Hey Pauline,  I have a question for you. According to Col 2:11-16 When Christ was crucified, the old testimonial laws were nailed to the cross. Does this mean that only certain of the 10 commandments still apply?

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!