Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: GREAT MASTERS OF PAINTING - VINCENT VAN GOGH
10/13/2006 1:51:29 AM
Hello Luis,
Thank you for another very nice exhibitions of "His Masters' Art"  and Master Pieces. Van Gogh is one of the biggets names in Art. I have a nice book of all his work.

Warm Regards
Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/13/2006 7:53:44 AM

Dear Nan,

Sorry for the belated reply. I was so tired last night that I went to bed early, but now I wish to especially thank you for coming by.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo 

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/13/2006 7:59:19 AM

Hi Luis,

I have never seen this painting, I'm familiar with VanGogh's other famous works but this is a new one for me!  Thank you!

I read a biography about him, he spent most of his money on paint, booze, and tobacco products.  Other painters thought he was wasteful in his use of large blobs of paint, but that became one of his trademarks.  His physical and mental deteriorations could have been from lack of eating properly, and too much drinking and smoking.  When he was a boy, his mother tried to save some of his pencil drawings because she recognized his talent at a young age, but VanGogh would get annoyed with her and rip up his own drawings to spite her compliments.

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/13/2006 8:02:15 AM
Dear Deborah,

You are welcome!  It is I who must thank you for visiting and offering such lively, accurate comments. Your visits are always much appreciated.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/13/2006 8:25:52 AM
Dear Pauline,

You are so kind. It was mainly you I had in mind when I selected this Van Gogh, as I remembered your recent remarks on modern art.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!