Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: GREAT MASTERS OF PAINTING - VINCENT VAN GOGH
10/14/2006 4:27:39 PM
Dear Barb,

Thank YOU for sharing your comments.

One of the trademarks of post impressionism is the vivid color and the way it is applied makes it so much more lovable. This characteristic reached its highest with Van Gogh . One of the saddest ironies in modern art history is Van Gogh's unsuccessful life and career as compared to the huge success his work achieved in recent times.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo 

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2006 8:25:35 PM
Dear Donald,

I don't think this forum deserves such kind words, although putting it together has been a little more difficult for me this time. Now it is when I can read short but very generous remarks like this one of yours that I feel immmensely rewarded.

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo 

"Choose a job you love and you will not have to work a day in your life" (Confucius)

+0
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/14/2006 8:45:15 PM

Dear Jo,

Thank you very much for visiting. 

I have tried to show rather unknown masterpieces that are otherwise particularly beautiful, like this one; I am very happy that you like it. And yes, Van Gogh is beyond compare. 

Best Wishes,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+0
11/28/2006 12:14:48 PM
Always desperately poor, he was sustained by his faith in the urgency of what he had to communicate and by the generosity of his brother Theo, who believed in him implicitly.

I've always found it so sad that most artists who have given so much to the world were poor all their lives and never knew what their art was worth and had to die and never got to enjoy the fruits of their labors.
This strengthens my belief that one day they'll be rewarded in ways they never even dreamed when they were alive. There has to be a reward for such sacrifice as this.

Becky
DID YOU KNOW? The U.S. Social Security Board reports that 85 out of 100 Americans reaching age 65 don't possess as much as $250. And only 2% are self-sustaining (the rest dependent on family, church, or the government)! Want to know what the "2-percenters" know that you don't? www.sfi4.com/11579740/FREE
+1
Luis Miguel Goitizolo

61587 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/28/2006 8:55:30 PM
Dear Becky,

Welcome to this forum... and thank you very much for visiting it!

You have addressed the most touching circumstance in Van Gogh's life. Not only was he one of the greatest painters the world has ever known, but also the best of men, someone who in his youth commited his entire life to help the poor. This has always made him more dear to me as a person. I do believe like you that there has to be a reward for such sacrifice.

Your new friend,

Luis Miguel Goitizolo

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!