Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Kanouse

3270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Let's Visit Granada, Spain
10/12/2006 2:02:20 PM
Thanks for the invite Dave. I enjoyed your forum.
Have a great day!
+0
Jill Bachman

8860 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/12/2006 2:14:52 PM
Hi Dave,

What a special forum...........I have learned alot and I very much enjoyed the picture links!  BEAUTIFUL!

Congratulations Dave and Jenny for living in such a beautiful part of planet earth and sharing it with all of us!  :-)

Bless you,  Jill
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/12/2006 2:44:23 PM
Hi Jenny, I'm glad you enjoyed the short article on your beautiful area. Thank you for the history. History is something I truly love, as it is our window to the past, our connection to what we see around us, and our understanding of what is happening, now. Thank you also for the link. I noticed the "cuevas" homes are mentioned on that page. I have a picture of one as my desktop on this computer. It is painted a vivid pink with a typical inset shuttered window painted blue, a handmade ladder with herbs drying on it leaning against the outer wall, and a profusion of herbs growing alongside. It is most beautiful. The cuevas have been most interesting and intriquing to me ever since my grade 5 teacher (now THAT'S a long time ago! lol) went on a walking tour of Spain with his wife and brought back all the pictures of their trip. Here are some links to pictures of these cave homes: http://www.escapeartist.com/OREQ11/Cave_Houses.html http://www.travelinginspain.com/guadix.htm God bless, Dave
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/12/2006 2:58:29 PM
Hi Dave,

You really gave me a great gift, when you started this forum.  I can only say thank you again.  I agree with Luis Miguel's sentiment entirely.

The cave houses are quite numerous in some parts of the province of Granada.  In the north east of Granada, in another old town,Guadix,  there are many.  they are cool in summer and comfortable in winter.  Whilst they were originally inhabited by the poor, they now change hands for a premium price!.. There are still caves around the Alhambra too.  They were inhabited by "squatters", but the town hall is now trying to clean them up.  They are amazing places..

My guess is that Jennifer Maxwell probably knows a lot about them too.

Saludos
Jenny

+0
Mike Eldred

237 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/12/2006 7:12:14 PM

Dave . I don't see many electric poles and wires, or satalite dishes, or busy highways.. No hustle and rush....  

When i can i move there?  

The total time working out ways your time with family.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!