Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Fundamental Belief Number 14 - Unity in the Body of Christ
9/30/2006 10:47:36 PM

Question: Are there any lady preacher's in your church?

14. Unity in the Body of Christ:
The church is one body with many members, called from every nation, kindred, tongue, and people. In Christ we are a new creation; distinctions of race, culture, learning, and nationality, and differences between high and low, rich and poor, male and female, must not be divisive among us. We are all equal in Christ, who by one Spirit has bonded us into one fellowship with Him and with one another; we are to serve and be served without partiality or reservation. Through the revelation of Jesus Christ in the Scriptures we share the same faith and hope, and reach out in one witness to all. This unity has its source in the oneness of the triune God, who has adopted us as His children. (Rom. 12:4, 5; 1 Cor. 12:12-14; Matt. 28:19, 20; Ps. 133:1; 2 Cor. 5:16, 17; Acts 17:26, 27; Gal. 3:27, 29; Col. 3:10-15; Eph. 4:14-16; 4:1-6; John 17:20-23.)

+0
Re: Fundamental Belief Number 14 - Unity in the Body of Christ
10/2/2006 10:58:57 PM

Jim

Let it suffice to simply say a hearty "Amen" to your post concerning Unity in the Body of Christ. 

Each of us has at one time or another felt the spirit of emptiness within.  That emptiness can only be filled by the presence of God and His Holy Spirit.  When we open our life to Him and to let Him in, it is only then that we can feel fulfilled.  As you have said in your post, at that time we are adopted as His children and become jooint heirs with Jesus, His Son, of all the riches of His kingdom.  I have found that His kingdom is not only a heavenly kingdom, but also includes fellowship with His other children and His promise that He will never leave me nor forsake me during whatever trial or hard time with which I am currently faced.

If you are asking the question as to whether there are lady preachers in the church to which I belong, the answer is "yes", but only if they have truly experienced and responded to God's call to do become a "preacher", with preacher being defined as the leader or head pastor of a church or body of believers.  All are called to be ministers of his gospel and Holy Word.

Chuck

+0
10/3/2006 12:03:51 AM

Hello, James!

I would love to believe that and do live my life as if it were true, but there are several sects and especially cults who propagate exclusivity.  There are many stories out there where people have fallen under the spell of some charismatic individual and lead to believe his (not His) word and way is the only correct option.  But, the best defense against that is to study and actually read the Bible in its entirety and not a few selected verses taken out of context for the purpose of manipulation.  My favorite response when confronted by such “preaching” is to take and open his Bible and read to him the verse as it is written along with the preceding and following verses.

The Bible was never meant to remain in its original box.

Thanks for the reminder that ALL Christians are the body of Christ.

Kate

Kate McCrea Black Cat Originals Will Bring Your Fashion Vision To Life! http://www.blackcatoriginals.com
+0
Diane Bjorling

2586 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2006 9:05:07 AM

Dear Jim...I have read your post with interest as per your request and I find it touching that your belief is so strong and unwavering..from the time we have shared jokes etc. and also from what I have read on you web site you are indeed a man of conviction,integrity and a great sence of humour to boot. I respect you in your beliefs and for your beliefs for you mean what you say..trust me a rarity today.....my best to you as always

Diane

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/3/2006 11:57:37 AM

Hi Kate! Did you get your computer fixed? I always appreciate your input. You always think about what to say before you say it, and therefore it means more!!

We do have a lady preacher in our church. I always attend her lesson studies, because I feel she has been blessed by the Holy Spirit. She is the only Elder in our church who is a female, and I feel she often times preaches better than her other counterparts!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!