Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
A (New?) Virus Disease at Adland!!
9/22/2006 4:14:09 PM
Well Folks,

Have you ever heard of an especially virulent disease that has spread all over Adland Pro and most of the Internet?

The Impulsive Posting Finger!

It affects internet users who post things on forums and who use electronic mail and is highly contageous.

It affects people in the following manner -

1. They receive a post on a forum.
  2. They may or may not read the forum -
  3. In the second case that  they dont read the forum or email  - it can be either because they are in a hurry, or because they think they already know what it says, or they dont really care what it says and are desperate to drink their coffee before it goes cold!
  4. They react quickly to the message or post and get
(a)  angry
(b) very angry
(c) full of self righteous indignation
(d) hopping mad

So....
They click onto the reply button and start their reply ..

1. to let the forum owner or previous poster have a piece of their mind
  2. (in severe cases only)  to tell  the above that they are completely brainless and other assorted phrases
  3. to tell everyone what they were going to say anyway on the subject, irrespective of the fact that the discussion has changed course completely
  4. to post a quick advert - hoping that no one will notice and delete it.
  5. (in terminal cases only) vent their spleen
The secondary effect of this disease are...
  1. You wake up next day and think "why the **** did I post that?"
  2. You turn a perfectly peaceful forum about plants into a raging controversy  in which everyone threatens to resign.
  3. You lose some of your friends
  4. You lose all your friends
  5. You dont lose any friends, but spend the next week replying to messages from people who agree with your post, even though you wish you'd never posted the thing in the first place
  6. The whole of Adland and half the World Wide Web sees it
  7. You cant delete it
  8. You feel like a complete idiot.
This virus can be treated very easily and the treatment is free:
Think before you post!

And that way we all live happily ever after.
Saludos
Jenny

+0
Donald Rich

1529 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: A (New?) Virus Disease at Adland!!
9/22/2006 4:21:34 PM
NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT
+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/22/2006 4:30:23 PM
Hi, Jenny, Since my return to activity in Adland I have been struck by the banality and pedestrian style that now infests the forums. I had a forum a while ago about the value of unread words but it seems I should have waited a while - if I had started that forum today it would have been much more apposite. It is plain to me that very few people are reading the forums in order to take part in a discussion - they are posting to the forums in order to build up their status, trying to climb the ranks to power poster or whatever. I was never a great one for 'ooh lovely' or 'way to go' but I think I prefer that to a system where more time is spent choosing a sparkly picture than the verbal content of a vaccuous response. I hope that, by getting my post in early, I will encourage others to actually think about what you have said. The situation is not as controversial as it was six months ago - people seem to be even more worried about saying something that somebody else will feel obliged to take offence at - but the whole point of a forum is the exchange of thoughts and ideas. It is a shame that this is beyond the capacity of some members.
+0
Leslie Combs

890 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
9/22/2006 4:38:39 PM

Jenny

Thank you for the post. I agree with you 100%. THINK. A support group I

was in several years ago had coin phrases and one of the ones was THINK.

Leslie

Turn Your Dreams Into Reality Leslie Combs community.adlandpro.com/go/ladyliberty51/welcome.aspx, http://www.ezinfocenter.com/7338490/Free http://www.mypowermall.com/Biz/Home/78305 http://www.pluginprofitsite.com/main-5734
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/22/2006 5:03:25 PM
Well, I decided to deal with this topic with humour, because, with all the recent upheaval at Adland, we need to lighted up a bit!!

But as Arthur has introuced a serious note, it is only fair to comment that I reckon that well over half the "problems" we have here could be solved if people watched that posting finger.  Once written down, whatever you say is there for keeps - and it can even appear on Google!

Saludos
Jenny

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!