Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Angie Potts

173 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
study results
9/21/2006 10:59:19 AM
Accidental Poisoning “More children under four die of accidental poisonings at home than are accidentally killed with guns at home.” —National Safety Council Long-Term Health Risks of Common Household Products “Of chemicals commonly found in homes, 150 have been linked to allergies, birth defects, cancer and psychological abnormalities.” —Consumer Product Safety Commission A 15-year study revealed that women who work at home have a 54% higher death rate from cancer than women who work outside the home. This has been directly linked to the high concentration of harsh chemicals in the home. —1990 Toronto Indoor Air Conference Toxic Ingredients in Personal Care Products The National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) analyzed 2,983 chemicals used in personal care products. The results were as follows: · 884 of the chemicals were toxic · 314 caused biological mutation · 218 caused reproductive complications · 778 caused acute toxicity · 148 caused tumors · 376 caused skin and eye irritations. —Judith Berns, “The Cosmetic Cover-up,” Human Ecologist 43 (Fall 1989) Indoor Air Pollution “According to the EPA, most homes have airborne concentrations of hazardous and toxic chemicals that are two to five times higher indoors than outdoors. In one five-year study, the EPA reported that a number of homes had chemical levels that were seventy times higher inside the homes than outside!” —Green, Poisoning Our Children Sorry, I am double dosing since I've been so lazy about this lately. I hope that they give you some helpful information. Have a great day. Smiles, Angie P. www.dahodreams.fourpointwellness.com
Angie P www.dahodreams.fourpointmoms.com www.dahodreams.fourpointwellness.com www.dahodreams.fourpointconsultants.com www.pureworksdistributors.com/angelapotts
+0
Kathy Kanouse

3270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: study results
9/21/2006 11:22:49 AM
Thank you Angie for sharing the Study results. Have a great day.
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/21/2006 11:30:01 AM
I've heard that household cleaning products are bad for us, so maybe I'm doing my family a favor by being a bad housekeeper. 
+0
Angie Potts

173 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/21/2006 11:32:24 AM
That is great Kathleen. I think that I am goin to have to use that on my mother-in-law. Have a great day. Angie
Angie P www.dahodreams.fourpointmoms.com www.dahodreams.fourpointwellness.com www.dahodreams.fourpointconsultants.com www.pureworksdistributors.com/angelapotts
+0
9/21/2006 11:50:21 AM

Hi Everyone,

Here is a very small list of things people use everyday in their homes. Read what is in them, and what they do.  If you would like to find a way to improve your home, and get rid of the toxins, please visit http://www.saferforyourhome.com and then get back with me.

David Rowland

262-767-1269

HERE IS A LIST OF KNOWN TOXINS IN SOME OF OUR EVERYDAY PRODUCTS!

DOVE BEAUTY BAR:        Quaternion 15: Formaldehyde-Carcinogen. Causes cancer, dermatitis, neurotoxic, sensitizer-poisonous, and irritant to the skin, eyes and mucous membranes.  Butylated Hydroxytluene, (BHT) Carcinogen.

JOHNSON’S BABY SHAMPOO: Quaternion 15: FD&C RED 40: Formaldehyde-Carcinogen, and causes dermatitis.

CREST TARTER CONTROL TOOTHPASTE: Saccharin: Carcinogen contains Phenol Fluoride:  Carcinogen if you accidentally swallow more than a pea-sized amount of this, you must contact the Poison Control Center immediately!  This warning does NOT appear on the tube.

TIDE & CHEER DETERGENT: Detergent: Can cause temporary respiratory tract irritation.  Symptoms include stinging, swelling or redness.  Sodium Sulfate:  Can be corrosive. Can cause burns to the eyes and tissue damage to the skin, as well as cause burns to the mouth, throat, and stomach if swallowed.  Sodium Sulfate: Can be corrosive.  Severe eye, skin, and respiratory irritant.  Can cause asthma attacks. Trisodium Nitrilotriacetate Carcinogen:

CLOROX BLEACH: Sodium Hypochlorite: Corrosive. Can be fatal if swallowed.  Eye, skin, and respiratory irritant.  Especially hazardous to people with heart conditions or asthma.

CASCADE: Sodium Hypoclorite:  Can be corrosive. Can cause burns to the eyes and tissue damage to the skin, as well as cause burns to the mouth, throat, and stomach if swallowed.

FANTASTIC, FORMULA 409: Butyl Cello Solve: Neurotoxic: Eye and skin irritant.  Damages central nervous system, kidney and liver.  Readily absorbed through the skin.  Damages blood and body’s ability to make blood.

WINDEX AEROSOL GLASS CLEANER: Butyl Cello Solve (See above) Neurotoxic.

LYSOL DISINFECTANT: Dioxin; Carcinogen. 500,000 times more deadly than DDT.  Ethyl Alcohol: Eye, skin, respiratory tract irritant.

Details on the above date are available in The Safe Shopper’s Bible” by Dr. Samuel Epstein, MD & David Steinman.  Macmillan, 1995.  Lysol data from “the Environmental Health Newsletter.”

Purchase Safe Products, Factory Direct, Save Money and Protect Your Family’s Health!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!