Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Not My Opinion!
8/22/2006 4:01:58 PM

This was not printed by me or do I fully agree with the views. You be the judge!

Subject : 

RE: FW: Re: Fw: Article printed in the Toronto Star about Canada

This is the fourth time I've had this e-mail, obviously the point is not getting accross, but, fire you fight fire with fire, I believe that at some point there will be a bomb dropped over seas ( middle east ), it won't be a suicide bomber either, and the same result will occurr that happened after the 2nd world war, the problem we all share will go away, and CANADA will STILL BE the country of CHOICE !! We should close our borders, and let their government handle the problems that they themselves adopted, not us !!

Subject: FW: Re: Fw: Article printed in the Toronto Star about Canada
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 00:49:19 -0400 

Maybe this will hit home to the politicians who just made it okay for ceremonial swords to be worn to school and who years ago gave permission for turbans to be worn by certain RCMP officers instead of the normal attire.

A little blunt and to the point but quite true!!!!!

Will we still be the Country of choice and still be Canada if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that came to live in Canada because it is the Country of Choice??????

Think about it!

All we have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS?

I celebrate Christmas...........but because it isn't celebrated by everyone..............we can no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to be Season's Greetings.

It's not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break. Isn't it amazing how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday?

We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that.
          This says it all!

This is an editorial written in a Toronto newspaper.

He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS,
          NOT Canadians
          MUST ADAPT.
          I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11,
          we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Canadians. However...... the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct! " crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Canada . Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. However, there
          are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of Canada being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity.  As Canadians.......we have our own culture, our
          own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH/FRENCH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.
          Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!
          "We Stand On Guard For Thee" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan.. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women.......on Christian principles.............founded this nation..... and this is clearly documented.It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools.
          If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home.........because

God is part of our culture.
          We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from.
          This is OUR COUNTRY,
          our land, and our lifestyle.
          But once you are done complaining....... whining...... and griping....... about our flag.......our pledge...... our national motto........or our
          way of life....I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other Great Canadian Freedom.......
          THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

It is Time for Canada to Speak up
          If you agree -- pass this along;
          if you don't agree -- delete it!

AMEN

I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later
          get back to the complainers, lets all try, please.

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Robert Talmadge

2047 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Not My Opinion!
8/22/2006 4:30:10 PM
This problem is not just in Canada, but in many countries.
It also is not just specific to the subject, but rings in other
areas of day to day life.

I am not easily offended, I have opinions, but I
share them in a context that is non obtrusive. But
some would dissagree, and they of course have that
right.

"I may not agree with you but I will fight to the death
your right to say it"

Guess who said this?
Robert Talmadge To follow your dream, follow your heart. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/17474/ShowForum.aspx
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/22/2006 5:54:02 PM

Hello Robert!

Thank you so much for your input and for the life of me I could not find who the quote came from.

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Mike Eldred

237 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/22/2006 6:30:22 PM
Nick, Hello .. That is a great and well spoken article, the truth be told.. It been said multible times but nothing is done.. It is true folks immagrators move in and everyone else is made to adjust to accomadate them???  The "rights" that citizens have had for eons are adjusted as well. But if any of us folks move and were the immagrator we would have to "live their way". No doupt It won't stop at MERRY CHRISTMAS and IN GOD WE TRUST, Folks you have only seen the beginning.  In Austrailia, Some "ragheads" arrived from a flight and were told,, live like ausie or get out. Simple as that.. If everyone caught the 1 minute news flashes of interviews and "listened". A clue would be found, a light bulb would turn on.. Alquida made all men ware rags and beards on their heads. After Saddam was run out -witch should of been done by their one gutless citizens in a revolution- the men in the city had a party throwing the rags off their heads and into a fire and shaveing. Our soldiers stood there and listened to them yelling they made us ware these.. the other interview was actually a recorded video, the alquida low life states "no matter where it is we will make the way of life we want to live." NO MATTER WHERE,, Hello!!!  They don't move to Canada or America to live like us. They want to """"invade legally"""  They move in , we accommadate , they take over..   There was a small community of muslims in Cadoisa NY (after 9-11 they all dissappeared) They lived in 5 or 6 trailers on the land which was all fenced in. It was not a decent lot of land pretty crappy looking. The kids that were 6-10 yr went to puplic school. These kids expressed themselvse by pushing (white kids) down stairs stateing all whites are the devil.. when they reached the age of 12 they no longer attended puplic school. they rarely came to town except for a shopping spree.    Yes people come to Canada and America for a better way of life but what way? Ours is not the way that they want, its just the country they want.. Like in the video that was played he said "it doesn't matter how long it takes we will not give up, we will live our way somewhere."  Thats enough, Sorry All and any I upset, I rambled        OUR kids have a hard future ahead of them. May God keep and watch over all of them.....  
The total time working out ways your time with family.
+0
8/22/2006 6:37:29 PM

Hello Nick,

I have to say that I do not agree with this person that wrote this, but I do agree that they have the right to voice their opinion the same as anyone else!

Things like this really bother and leaves a little thorn in my side! I completely understand people loving their homeland and wanting to protect their culture, language etc., but at the same time we all need to be a little more tolerant of others. After all, we are all God's children whether we are American, Canadian, Arab, Spanish, Chinese etc . He created us all, we should be able to live together among our fellow Brothers and Sisters, no matter who they are.

Respect, as I have written about before, is what it is all about! Having respect for the other religions, cultures, lifestyle etc. We can all learn from each other...truly we can, if we only give each other a chance to do so! If I travel to Canada, or France, Spain, England, or wherever I decide to go I would like to be treated with as much respect as I give to others, and it should be the same way the other way around.

I think that one big problem that people have is that they are ignorant of other cultures and lifestyles, and many do not want to learn about them either. If we all learned to educate ourselves about the other cultures, learn about the people....meet them...talk with them...then people wouldn't be so scared about something they know nothing about! This would make such a huge difference in the world...I really believe that!

Many people fear the unknown...we all know that...and other people than our own lifestyle are different to us(unknown), therefore they fear them! Instead of fearing them learn from them, and they from us...we all just might find out that they're really are some other very wonderful people out there besides our own countrymen, race, creed, or religion! After all, we are still Brothers and Sisters just the same!

God Bless You,

Marilyn

Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!