Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: From pest to guest and back again...
8/2/2006 7:23:02 PM
Hi Linda, The same old problem again - advertising versus networking. It is always relevant - people never seem to learn. Networking is about getting to know people. If I buy something from someone, I'll always look at something that comes from someone I know before something from a stranger. I may be naive, but i figure that if someone is a friend, they wont want to con me. As for answering and reading all emails - Since joining Adland, I can receive a couple of hundred emails a day. I joined Adland to get my business known outside Spain. But the business is legitimate and any developments that have happened have happened because I have made some real friends - and a couple of whom happen to be interested in what I do. But I have never sent them an ad. My ads go in the paid advertising part of Adland and Pressmania, where they belong. When I receive ads posing as posts and PMs - I just ignore them. If I receive an email from a genuine friend, with a suggestion that I look at something, because they think I might be interested, i try to make time to do so - i know that they have some respect and dont try to waste my time any more than I waste theirs. And Linda and David, your comments about PM's being used to send ads - i couldn't agree with you more. They really irritate the hell out of me. Personal messages should be used as such. We cant put them in "spam" like other emails, and this is an abuse of the Adland networking system. I like your new "standard letter" David. And if they think you are being hurtful - send them a handkerchief. If you cant stand rejection - dont send ads. I sent something similar, after participating another forum of Linda's (on drive by ads) and the reply i got was that I was negative and the forum I referred him to was negative. Ouch! It would have made more sense if the forum had been run by someone who had failed in her business and not by someone who has succeeded like Linda I look forward to the day when I can open a PM and receive.............A Private Message instead of an ad. Saludos Jenny p.s. "if you want people to take you seriously.... get serious." hehehe That was little old me in one of your other forums Linda.
+0
Ricardo Alcaraz

203 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/14/2006 7:13:05 PM
Hello Linda,

Thanks for bringing that up.

I've been trying to figure that out myself. And I guess one of the helpful
tips I've read from someone's newsletter is to change the attitude of,

"How do I convert this prospect into a buyer?"

to

"How could I provide a service and help to this person's need?"

I find that with this attitude change, it does change your promotion
campaign significantly.

You also tend to examine the products you promote. You don't want
to pass of a lemon to them even if someone passed that to you.

It helps them and your sense of self-worth.

Cheers!
Ricardo Alcaraz

+0
8/22/2006 1:01:19 AM

Hi Linda

Very Good Subect, I am New to AdLandPro. and I came here because of the GREAT possibilities of meeting a lot of Pro's in the Internet Marketing Field, make a LOT of Friends, and have a Fantastic opportunity to Spread My Word to everyone that would listen. Of course along with this I would be able to Spread the Word of this Great Opportunity to other's not involved with AdlandPro, that this is what they could do here also.
This does, of course bring up the problem(Or Opportunity), that you may recieve more New Opportunity emails in your email box than you had planned on.
I personally, do not see this as a Problem. That's what I came here for. I wanted to be able to offer my Great Opportunity to those that could either use it, along with their current system, or maybe they are brand New to Internet Marketing and It might become their first, and maybe even their Only buisness.
Likewise, I would look at ALL ads sent to me, simply because I would not expect someone to look at me, or my offer, if I couldn't do the same for them. Doesn't that make sense?
Anyway, I'm here, I Love it and I will stay until they take me out in a casket.

Gary

Gary Wells Want to Be Seen Online Easily? http://gary.mn/home/portal_usp/gewells Sponsor Peace http://peace.mn/tag/gewells
+0
8/22/2006 1:36:27 AM

Good Luck Gary,

it must be me - but since this forum started far from getting fewer PM's - my in-box is getting inundated with the things!  Has a Pandora's box been opened here?

People - promote all you like in the forums, this is not a problem and I agree that as this is prepared as a business link/club this is totally acceptable - the chat bits are a bonus in my opinion, even though I do find some of the conversations a bit circular.

As others have said before me - if a message is a PM then that is what it should be - and nothing else.  I do not have the patience of others (i.e. three strikes and you are out) for me - you are straight out - no second chances. I am also inclined to suggest that the PM box gets deleted as it is almost always abused - at least in my case.

My bit of promotion!

My two books are now published:

"Fitting in the 4th P - and IMC Primer" - which can be seen on http://www.amazon.com or http://www.authorhouse.co.uk

"Brothels, beans & in-betweens - or 50 years an International Ad-man" http://www.lulu.com/norman-clark

Hit a production (sound) problem with the new Seminars on CD series, and beavering away to fix this, should be all OK in September - but the website is now up and running - http://career-training-on-cd.com

That's my lot for the moment - enough I think?

Cheers,

Norm

Norm Clark
+0
8/22/2006 8:37:32 AM

Hey Norm.. (et al)

===============
it must be me - but since this forum started far from getting fewer PM's - my in-box is getting inundated with the things!  Has a Pandora's box been opened here?

People - promote all you like in the forums, this is not a problem and I agree that as this is prepared as a business link/club this is totally acceptable - the chat bits are a bonus in my opinion...
===============

Well - if anyone opened Pandora's box, it would not surprise me to be the one to do it. lol

While the chat bits might seem like a "bonus" - they are more important than most people realize.

The analogy that comes to mind is the fellow that walks around the streets wearing a sandwich board with his "message."  Doesn't much matter if the "message" is that the world is ending soon, go to "ABC" church to get saved -- or whether the message is to eat at Joe's Sandwich joint. You know what people do?  They walk around him.

But, take that same guy and sit him at a table having coffee with a friend. Know what happens? His friends are more likely to listen to him. No guarantee they'll listen - but they are more likely.

People are more likely to take advice and suggestions from someone they know and like than someone they don't know. That's human nature and - to a degree - self preservation. 

: )
Linda

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!