Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re :WELCOME TO THE GARDEN
7/13/2006 8:47:54 PM

In Phoenix, we truly have a water shortage, not even enough for HUGE fancy fountains!  Anyway, I have a container garden filled with plants which are both heat hardy and require little water.  All of which provide lovely and fragrant flowers and are edible.

I have chili peppers, basil, oregano, rosemary and in the winter I plant pansies, thyme, mint and catnip.  The plants soften the harsh lines of my patio and provide a variety of frangrances throughout the year.   Yes, peppers (cayenne, especially) have a light and subtle fragrance.  Bees and hummingbirds love my tiny garden.

Kate 

Kate McCrea Black Cat Originals Will Bring Your Fashion Vision To Life! http://www.blackcatoriginals.com
+0
7/13/2006 8:50:21 PM

Hi Mary,

You said the magic word "Garden" and I came to join in.

My garden is my life during the growing season here in Pennsylvania. Not only do I love to grow plants for my own use but I also sell plants to others for their enjoyment from my nursery.

I also have a few of the true geraniums growing in one of my large beds.  They make nice groundcovers and I have white, pink, blue and a magenta colored one.

My overly large beds have sort of gotten away from me and have gone wild with plants that don't belong there. At least I didn't put them there.

Digging in the soil and weeding are such a stress reliever and I would encourage anyone who can possibly have a garden of any size to go for it.

Martha

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/13/2006 8:53:23 PM

Hi Cheri,

It is amazing that one can start out a garden of just a few feet but before you know it more and more space is given to the garden.  Guess it is just like family. We  can always make room for just one more and then one more.

Each garden changes from year to year.  My gardens do not look like they did a few years ago.  Things grow out of control, higher and of course expanding the gardens change the view.  Guess one would say, a garden is never done unless it is one of those perfect landscaping gardens.

Plant on!! No more mowing!!

+0
7/13/2006 8:54:17 PM
   Hi Mary, just sent you an Adland message a few minutes ago.

It was not about gardens, but maybe it was, indirectly, if you like to eat supper in the garden.

I like to go to a garden where wild strawberries grow along the edge. They are a very tiny berry but so much sweeter than the large cultivated strawberries.

Wayne
+0
John Leal

1107 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/13/2006 8:56:05 PM

Hi Mary

I love a courtyard type garden with old brick walls covered with murals and suchlike, somewhere to just sit on a bench and meditate in the winter sunshine. My other choice is a rainforest, shady effect with the sound of running water in summer. Two gardens to choose from? .... I wish.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!