Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: WELCOME TO THE GARDEN
8/27/2006 11:08:47 PM

Mary,

My garden just didnt do as well this year.  I think it was due to all the humidity and plus also we didnt have a bad enough winter to kill bugs so i spent soooo much time battling them.

Tracy Lewis

+0
Rosalind Brinson

82 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re:Fishbowl garden
9/2/2006 8:55:22 AM

That is an excellent suggestion. My mother had one (I think they're called terraniums--if I spelled that right). Several different plants in a large round fishbowl. They are good for apartments.

We have a large front and back yard here, so Mom plants roses in the late spring, and vegetables in early summer.

+0
9/7/2006 5:11:00 AM
Here's a tip for all those who have a bird table in their garden: Hygiene and maintenance. Clean your bird table regularly and do not allow old food to accumulate. Dirty tables may harbour dangerous bacteria left by sick birds and start an outbreak of disease. Brush off debris before putting out fresh food and scrub the table with a mild disinfectant solution every few weeks. Move the table frequently to stop the accumulation of droppings underneath. It is worth taking sensible hygienic precautions as some bird diseases can be transmitted to humans although the risk is small. Futher information can be found in the RSPB factsheet. See http://www.rspb.org.uk ˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚ Create Your Own Professional Looking Garden. http://future-world.com/cgi-bin/category/10003/gardencat
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/26/2006 7:14:41 PM
Hi Mary,

I hope your move went well and that you are now enjoying your new garden.

Look who I found in it!

Love Jenny

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/2/2006 8:05:34 PM
Hi everyone, Well the move is almost complete. I moved into a mobile home which is surrounded with landscaped garden. Next spring I can have fun planting annuals. I moved a small start of each of my plants and have them already started in the surrounding garden. The previous owners left mums--yellow, burnt orange, burgandy and white. They are lovely so I cut some to bring beauty indoors.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!