Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Re :WELCOME TO THE GARDEN
8/14/2006 4:50:07 PM

Leanne,

That's wonderful, and I hope some come and join your group. 

Thanks for stopping by.

+0
Roger Macdivitt .

7333 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: WELCOME TO THE GARDEN
8/19/2006 3:44:48 AM

Hello Mary, Hello all.

Relief at last. We here in the south of England have had a so far short but VERY HOT summer. For all sorts of reasons we are short of water (not as world terms are concerned)  and as a country with a reputation for rain we are never readyu for this - hence - hose-pipe ban.

I've been dribbling cans of water around the garden but with a garden mainly in pots this has been a real big task. I garden for a living so find my pot gardening different and usualy easier to cope with but not this year.

BUT

It's rained at last. I can almost hear the plants going SLUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRP from where I sit.

Rain is magical. Try watering regularly some newly sown grass, or open ground seeds etc. It works if you do it properly and when needed (and that is an art in its-self) but watch after a good rainfall.

It's like watching the start of a race. Nothing then ''they're off''. If you can beat the slugs and snails and the weeds you see a wonderful return.

Is it the chemicals in tap water that keep the growth slower? Is it the electrical, magnetic and pressure changes present in a storm?

You tell me. After years in gardening I would still love to hear your views.

Roger

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/19/2006 2:51:12 PM

Roger,

That is quite a question.

When I water with the hose the plants are saved from draught but when it rains they are reliatlized.  During dry times, I can water and water, but then a good rain come and the plants are more healthy and begin growing rapidily.

Let me know if you ever find the answer.

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/26/2006 6:55:42 AM
Unique potting container. http://www.wsof.blogspot.com/ read the lovely poem first but then scroll down and have a good laugh at the funny containers for plants and trees.
+0
Re: Re :WELCOME TO THE GARDEN
8/27/2006 2:15:59 PM

Hi Mary,

I have my own garden.  The problem is:  I have no experience doing it.  I love to have nice flowers.  This year was the first time for I started creating my own flower garden, but came two weeks of heat weave and all of them dried out.  But I am optimistic and there is always a new beginning, so next year I will start over again, but I learned now: need to be careful when planning a garden.  I like to sit in my garden and watching the little birds come and eat from their little feeder... In one world:  I love nature, even in miniature version as a garden.

Ildiko "There is no mistake so great as the mistake of not going on."...W.Blake Create streams of residual income: Seamless VOIP for mobile phones worldwide: http://BizBuzz.ws/BestDealin06
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!