Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Re :A scammer here in Adland
8/2/2006 5:36:49 AM

Hello sweet and lovely Nan

Thank you for posting these scams here for all to see ....

Bogdan has assured me that he has taken measures .... so, hopefully, they won't be popping up again here in Adland ...

Take care and much love to you

Venerina

+0
Lisa Lomas

707 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/2/2006 5:58:37 AM
Good Evening Venerina,

I really want to say hello to my Adlandpro buddies.  What I can see is a big education happening here and its great to see.

I feel we have a duty to those new on the internet to know about all of these.

I too Venerina when I first came to the internet got hit scam after scam and I fell for them .................  I was new back then.

I fell for many, I fell for the Rich Uncle who died.
I fell for the paid emails that would give you heaps of money for reading emails.

Recently I had someone asked me to do a site and made up a dummy biz.  The reason I say about this is you can search a business out on the internet, this is how I found out he was a scammer.  His email was not trackable, the business was not real.

You can go to the country they say they are from and simply go to the yellow pages and put in the business name, if its not there ..................be very suspicious.

Also get a person you are suspect of with buying off you to pay first.

Another Rule of thumb for me has been with these darn scammers is use specific emails for specific tasks and also have a email box like thunderbird that can track and also tell you if its a new address or someone you already know.

Now another scam I just remember is this:
Please confirm your membership

you just click on a link & fill in your details if you do...................but you did not even ask to be sent this business so be very wary where you click.

The ways they find out emails is scanning the internet, they could even come in here and look at our signatures, its petty for sure but it just proves you must be wary and stay safe.

Best of all...............we have this community that speaks out!!!  I would of fallen for allot more scams if it were not for this place.

Yes i know they are here too but there is security moreso in a community, just like offline, we can look after people in our community.  Wasn't it great how quickly you spotted that scammer, I think that is just great and now you have blocked him and warned all of us.  This is why I love adlandpro.

Warmly
Lisa
p.s sorry for the long speel.

Thinking of visiting New Zealand. A must see is Hawkes Bay, Hastings. http://www.hawkesbaymotel.co.nz
+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/2/2006 9:29:37 AM
Hi Venerina

I saw the same one as you Nan on some forum or other.  Only it went on for longer - pages and pages - it was like reading a novel.  The only problem  was that I got bored after the 32nd page and clicked off.  Too much cloak and dagger for me - if it was that good the newspapers would have got hold of it ages ago ....so .... I smelt a rat (a Russian one of course) and left our poor hero in some third rate hotel in some city on his mission.

Saludos
Jenny
+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/2/2006 11:23:16 AM

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for posting and I am glad that you find this thread useful.  I am sure that at some point, or another, we have all fallen into a trap on te Internet .... but, as you said, we will continue to speak out ans stand together to, at least, keep the scammers away from our community ...

Awareness is the key ...

.... and don't worry I love long speels .... lol

Take care and don't forget to keep coming back from time to time with updates.

Best wishes

Venerina

+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/2/2006 11:25:37 AM

hehehehehehe Jenny

I have been blessed then ... I didn't even get past the first page!!!

I have to ask ... how could you read 32 pages and not read the ending?  I mean... come on ... you got that far!!!! hehehehehehe

I hope you had a wonderful birthday and look forward to chatting soon.

Hugs

V.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!