Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: A scammer here in Adland
7/20/2006 1:36:44 PM

Hello Veneria,

Here is ATT's advise about scams: 

PLEASE BE ADVISED: Currently, there is a fraudulent email circulating that claims to come from one of the following email address:

• notice@service.sbcglobal.net
  • notice@service.pacbell.net
  • notice@service.ameritech.net
  • notice@service.swbell.net
  • notice@service.prodigy.net

This email is NOT from AT&T (or any of its affiliates - Pacific Bell, Ameritech, Southwestern Bell, and/or Prodigy). AT&T Internet Services reminds you to always be very careful with any unsolicited email you receive from an unknown source. The "From" address from an email can easily be forged and appear to originate from AT&T Internet Services" or an AT&T Internet Services' Domain Name.

The email will ask you to update your billing information because your account is past due and is currently suspended. The link in the email goes to a non AT&T website and will ask for your credit card information, your username and password or other personal information, in order to "update your account information."

This email is not from AT&T Internet Services:

• Do not follow any instructions within the email.
  • Do not click on any links.
  • Do not visit any website mentioned in the email.
  • Do delete the email immediately.

Example of Fraudulent Email

Your SBC Prodigy account is past due for an update and has been suspended. Although we have previously sent past-due notices, we have not yet received update information for your account.

To update the credit card information on file for your account:

1.       Go to the Service Summary page at http://www.lilydale2005.com.au/components/com_d
badmin/updateaccount.lmks0338781ksklsl.billinginformat
ion.3sj3038sksmcksk.SBC.com/index.htm
to view a list of your active services.

2.       Update the payment information for the service.

3.       You can update the payment information for the service in the following way:

a.       To edit the card you are currently using to pay for your service, click "Edit Payment Method," edit the card, and click "Continue."

b.       To switch to a different card, click "Change Payment Method," select or add a different card, and click "Continue."

4.       Once you receive confirmation that the payment information has been succesfully updated, the service is no longer in past-due status. The service status should now show a green indicator and the word "Active."

5.       To update payment information for additional services, return to the Service Summary page and repeat the steps above.
If the information on file in the billing center is valid, you may need to contact your credit card issuer to correct the problem.

We appreciate your attention to this matter.
The SBC Billing Team

For more information on how you can protect yourself, please visit:

BE INFORMED AND PROACTIVE ABOUT YOUR ONLINE SAFETY AND SECURITY:
AT&T Internet Services wants you and your family to enjoy the time you spend online. Unfortunately, these scams occur every day and the forgers may choose a variety of different businesses to impersonate. Fake emails have been discovered from banks, mortgage companies and even Internet service providers. Ultimately, you are in the best position to safeguard your personal information from these types of schemes. AT&T Internet Services is not able to identify and warn customers about every single instance of phishing or similar such scams. If ever in doubt, take the time to confirm the identity and location of persons requesting your personal information.

Ildiko "There is no mistake so great as the mistake of not going on."...W.Blake Create streams of residual income: Seamless VOIP for mobile phones worldwide: http://BizBuzz.ws/BestDealin06
+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/21/2006 3:28:22 AM

Hey Brian

Good to see you ... welcome ... I think that we're slowly compiling enough scams types to make people more aware ...

....and Ildiko certainly seems to have received some good ones!!!

Take care ....

My wonderful friend Georgios

Thank you for coming back ... Yep I did inform Bogdan and he assured me this member has been deleted.  The more we catch the better it is for all.

Warm sunny hugs to you from Madeira

Ildiko,

Good morning ... you have been a busy lady ... wow ... I can't believe the date on that email!!!!  What the heck is going on? .... wow ....

Thank you for sharing these two posts ... they are definately worthy of warning people against, especially the ATT one ...

Thank you again and take care

V

+0
Perfect and Immortal

733 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
muchas gracias
7/22/2006 3:47:20 AM
This is a long thread doctores,the prescription is caution[lets close this thread,amigas.
Thank You,I Love You,I'm Sorry,Please Forgive Me. http://www.f5m-millionaires-club.com/freereport3/?id=perfect MILLIONAIRE GIVING OUT FREE $200 AT; http://www.forex4free.org/?language=de&ref=tyily their forum in 7 languages: http://forex4free.forummotion.com/forum.htm
+0
Venerina Conti

1305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: muchas gracias
7/22/2006 4:58:16 AM

De Nada amigo ...

You're right ... It has gotten a bit long!!! heheheheh

Bom fim de semana

(Thread closing today!!!)

+0
7/25/2006 11:38:41 AM
Thanks for the warning.........its great having people like you to warn us when they come across something like this!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!