Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sandy Morgan

219 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re :Beginnings
7/9/2006 12:51:50 PM

I live in central MN, surrounded by lakes, woods and clean air. We  can sit on docks  and hear the loons by day, wolves by night.  Bonfires are  calming to the soul. Walks in the woods, canoeing instead of jet skiing. These are things right  at my fingertips, yet rarely  take advantage of. 

Thanks , Cheri!

+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/9/2006 12:53:41 PM

Hi, Judy

Thanks for letting me know.  I didn't publish one right away, but have now published two.  There was one 'undeliverable' on the list for the first one, and the second I just published yesterday, but have not been back to look at the stats.  Maybe the 'undeliverable' was you. 

You can read both of them through the link above...the first one is available through a link under the guy with the big nose, lol.

Cheri

+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/9/2006 1:01:15 PM

Angela,

What a wonderful word picture of a perfect vacation!  Wish we all had a resort-quality campground on our own property!  We'll be right over, lol.

I have loved camping and fishing all my life, except when my children were very small and it felt like being at home only under more primitive conditions.  I was glad be able to love it again after they got big enough I didn't have to watch them every second.  But I have to admit, being able to sleep in my own bed instead of a tent would be very appealing!

Now that our kids are grown and we are debt-free, we're taking vacations that we couldn't afford with four kids.  I'm sorry mine missed Disneyland and Seaworld, but they all love the out of doors also, so I feel that we gave them a legacy that connects them to our families better than the resort vacations would have.  The upside is, they don't miss those now, when they can't afford them, either.  At least we taught them to be frugal.

Cheri

+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/10/2006 3:24:55 PM

Hi, Sandy

Our posts must have 'crossed in the mail'. 

Wow, that sounds wonderful!  One of the things we busy people don't do for ourselves often enough is to take a bit of time off.  It doesn't need to be a week-long vacation, but regular R'n'R is so good for us to reduce stress.  No, I don't mean rock'n'roll!  Although if you like it, that could do the same for you.

I live just minutes from mountain canyons that have little glades and turnouts where I could go and sit in perfect peace, listening to the streams that cascade down the rocks.  The very thought makes me long to do it.  Why don't I?  Gotta race up the highway to pick up some paperwork and deliver it to a client--no time to relax. 

I've heard other people say 'I'll rest when I'm dead.'  We may get our rest sooner than expected if we don't slow down.

Thanks for being here, Sandy, and do go listen to those loons soon.

Cheri

+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
7/11/2006 12:41:15 AM
I apologize to everyone for the extra spaces that make it difficult to read my replies above. I have now edited the original thread twice to accomodate the editor changes, but one can only go so far. I hope this is the end of it, and any posts that may come after this one will appear normal. Thanks for your patience. Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!