Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: How Did the US Fire a Missile from North Korea?
9/5/2006 2:06:20 PM
Hi Kathleen, I, too, am very glad our present government supports the US. We have been friends for a long time, and I would like it to stay that way. One of the reasons the US is under such constant attack was brought home to me in a conversation I heard the other day. A couple of men were talking about what it would be like to have to face the enemy on the front line. One of them made the statement that if he was a soldier, he would want to be smaller than all his comrades. When asked why he had such an unusual thought, he said that it was because the enemy soldiers would be aiming at the biggest targets first, and the smallest one would stand the least risk of being shot at. This is what is going on in a much bigger way with the US. The US is the symbol to the non-Western world of everything that is Western. It is the biggest, most powerful member of the Western world, and therefore, the biggest and most tantalizing target. What is a terrible shame is when the propaganda of the terrorists and their allies is swallowed by so many people who live and experience the benefits of living in a free, Western society, and continue to attack the very governments who protect that freedom from right inside their own countries. Perhaps we too quickly forget the price that has already been paid for our freedom. God bless, Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!