Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re :How Did the US Fire a Missile from North Korea?
7/7/2006 4:30:10 AM

Hi Jenny,

It's a real pleasure to see another Canadian here!  Thanks for dropping by!

Yes, Canada does support the U.S.on the missile issue.  Prime Minister Stephen Harper has made that clear.  See this story

==========================================

Why should the U.S. take on the responsibility of policing the world's trouble areas, when so many countries are apathetic or judgemental?  Yet when the U.S. doesn't take a stand, everyone asks why the U.S. is not involved

===========================================

I have to ask myself the same question.  It's really the sad side of human nature, I guess.  It's kind of like when I had a marine business.  I worked out of a tiny little shop on the water for several years, worked hard, then built a new and bigger shop with a nice big yard in a different location.  I really worked hard, seven days a week and long, long hours, but my employees made a lot more money than I did!  I couldn't afford to take the money out of my business.  Yet, because I had a nice new shop and good equipment, I was accused of ripping people off and not caring about people at all.

The same thing is going on with world opinion of the U.S.  Because the U.S. has worked hard, built a great and free nation, and has created a lot of wealth and power, the world has turned "sour grapes" on that country, and no matter what the U.S. does, people will find fault.  Like you suggest, if the U.S. does nothing, they will be called greedy, apathetic, uncaring, etc., and if they do something, they will be called power-hungry, meddling, warmongers, etc.  There's no pleasing some people!

I personally hope that the situation in the world at this present time is able to be defused.  I KNOW there is a coming holocaust, but naturally hope it won't be soon.  But I also know that if you take the U.S. out of the equation, at this time, you take out the strongest chance we have to be able to keep the world from exploding into global war.

God bless,

Dave

+0
Re :How Did the US Fire a Missile from North Korea?
7/7/2006 8:48:30 AM
Hi Dave,

Good attention getter. Ive heard nothing of US except that
 Bush has condemmed their actions. It's amazing what
 MEDIA HYPE will do.

The "Nutter" in control in Korea needs stopping,the whole
 Govt is corrupt to have an army etc that size and have  the
 people staving is madness!

It's all a bit scary!

Thanks

Leanne Busby

http://www.aussie-money-tree.biz 

http://www.aussie-money-tree.info

+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Re :Re: How Did the US Fire a Missile from North Korea?
8/30/2006 5:00:37 PM

Hi Dave,

Great headline, even better forum. It is nice to see someone stand up FOR the U.S. for a change. There sure has been a lot of U.S. bashing at adlandpro too. It seems "we" are misunderstood by many. Why do people pick on us instead of condemning the real enemies of the world?

Proud to be an American,

DonnaZ

+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/5/2006 1:13:46 PM
Hi Donna, I think (no, I know) there is a lot of misinformation going on in the world. One needs only to watch some of the news programs to see that. Here in Canada, our major national news services endlessly focus on the loss of life of our soldiers in Afghanistan. While it is deeply tragic for ANYONE to lose his or her life, including the enemies, it is a fact of war. The fact is, Canada has lost just over twenty soldiers since going into Afghanistan, and a large percentage of them have been by accidents that could have happened at home, including a serious motor vehicle accident, and several accidental shootings. To the families of these soldiers, this is a great and heartbreaking tragedy and loss. I grieve with them. However, what I see going on in the free world is a very large percentage of people calling for our allied soldiers to return home, calling our presence in Afghanistan and Iraq a mistake and our non-US leaders lap-dogs for President George Bush. What is REALLY going on reminds me of a popular bumper sticker that made the rounds back in the late sixties and early seventies: "F* You, Jack. I'm OK." This has continued to be the attitude of many to this day. "Let the people 'over there' deal with their own problems and misery, while we bask in our peaceful, rich, hedonistic, highly selfish G8 society. I can guarantee that if the bombs started falling over here, ALL these people would be calling on our heroic soldiers to put themselves in the line of fire, regardless of how many got killed doing just that. I have a ribbon sticker on my car that says, "Support our troops." The other day, someone told me I was very brave to have it on my car. My reply was that I wish I could get a box-full and plaster them all over my car! It is our heroic soldiers, who are seriously committed to their cause, the freedom of those people "over there," who are the brave ones! God bless, Dave
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/5/2006 1:47:08 PM
Hi Dave, I just found this forum today when I saw your post.  I'm glad Canada agrees with us on something.  There are too many anti-American statements from other countries and it especially stings when negativity comes from our neighbor.  Americans are good people, and there have been many new immigrants here from middle-eastern countries in the past few years, and they are not harrassed in public for wearing their traditional clothing, they are made to feel welcome here.  I just wish the rest of the world would look at the good qualities of the USA instead of only slamming our government, which by the way I think is doing the best it can under the circumstances of the past 5 years.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!