Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Car is on fire - what would you do?
7/5/2006 6:06:17 AM
Hi Linda A thought provoking post today! Hmmm. So much talk about money... I think we may have some of our values twisted. Once our kids are provided for and we can get to the end of the month - how much money do we need. Dont get me wrong - I like money, for the things it can buy me - including security, things to make us comfortable and bring beauty into our lives - but I do mind how I earn it - I will not, for example, use anything in my work that is made using exploited labour - even though it is a lot cheaper. I cannot be a hypocrite to my own values - we all need money - but not at any price! Love Jenny
+0
Kim
Kim Stilwell

273 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/5/2006 1:00:41 PM
Many believe that Purpose is the real driver and also the real pursuit, and that money is a physical reward to interior wealth, and the thing we can buy things with that we can use to grow and develop out physical talents, to create things with that we enjoy, imagine, or that are useful or beneficial to other people. We all know that money gives us more choices; it also allows us to move about more in this world, experience more things, reach more people in various ways and endeavors. Obviously those with more money are able to support more causes that require money, and many, many do. Many wonderful organizations have been built with money, yet Purpose was the driver. Money allows us to create beauty around us and for others to enjoy; it allows more freedom and obviously a better life for many. The Love of money itself, on the other hand, strikes me as more self motivated spirit that without a worthy purpose, might be seeking less honorable ideals such as power and pride and we have all seen those who have involved themselves in criminal activity out a love for money itself. There is more than 1 way to "think" about money. Many "Think" of it as a tool, and what they can use it for, again Purpose. There are many very wealthy people in the world today, who contrary to conditioned thinking, are very giving people who admit and display in their actions and lives a huge heart and purpose toward helping other people to also have a better life, and many admit that though they enjoy the lifestyle money has enabled them, but much more the freedom, their Purpose remains as intact and even in greater passion as before they knew such material prosperity, which was and is to reach out and be a hand extended to others, and not only that, but also to fight against systems that oppress the freedom and individuality of people, and for the idea of Free Enterprise. It is an established idea that the more you help other people the more you will reflect in wealth, both interiorly and outwardly. I disagree that it's all about money, or that even Business is all about money. Yes, money is the goal in business, but the Purpose, far greater and of more virtue, drives me more than the idea of just money, and without this purpose, I would not have the passion I do. What do others "Think" about money and Purpose? Kim
+0
Kathy Kanouse

3270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/5/2006 7:07:41 PM
This is a very nice forum Linda. I know we all would jump at the fact to help a friend. I too never looked at it from the other side til i read through the threads. What a differnece that makes when you look at it from a networkers point of view.
+0
Larry Blethen

2241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/6/2006 7:46:35 AM
Hello Linda...very nice thought. I am a very giving person and it effects my business in terms of that I work hard with it and it takes time to promote on the internet. But will not be involved in any business that is not fair and above board. I do not believe in any fast buck scams. Larry
Larry Blethen http://www.bluelight-marketing.com larry.blethen@bluelight-marketing.com, 304-369-5603
+0
7/6/2006 9:39:13 AM
Hi Kim ================ ... Obviously those with more money are able to support more causes that require money, and many, many do. Many wonderful organizations have been built with money, yet Purpose was the driver. ...The Love of money itself, on the other hand, strikes me as more self motivated spirit that, without a worthy purpose, might be seeking less honorable ideals such as power and pride ...There are many very wealthy people in the world today, who contrary to conditioned thinking, are very giving people -- their Purpose remains as intact and even in greater passion as before they knew such material prosperity, which was and is to reach out and be a hand extended to others. ================ Kim -- I truly LOVE your post and the way you think. You asked what others think ... I think you're spot on! I believe that when people have a purpose -- that even if/when they acquire money (through that purpose) - their purpose remains intact and the money only allows them to extend their hand (or their purpose) further. In saying that, I am referring to a purpose that is greater than one's self. For example, if someone's purpose is to support their drug habit, that's a self motivated purpose that gives nothing back to the universe or humanity. Even if the person makes money, they are not growing internally and it's a recipe for disaster. When you really think about humanity and the history of the world - truth and goodness always prevail. ALWAYS. Those who operate under selfish and self motivated purposes always fail in the end. Not right away, perhaps, but they always fail in the end. ALWAYS. Think of Hitler. Think of mob bosses that end up in jail or dead. Think of drug lords that end up in jail or dead. Truth and goodness (of spirit and intent) always prevail. Always. That's what I think. : ) Linda
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!