Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Pickle Jar - read, share, comment... whatever you like
6/29/2006 7:19:51 PM
this one really got me.
+0
Larry Blethen

2241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/29/2006 10:35:19 PM
hello this is a great story. I have to admit that I have saved coins for years ...for me that is a long time. I have used the coins to help pay off bills or as a same fund to purchase items in a pinch. When Daughters where small, I used to save the coins and then cash them in at the bank and give it my daughters and make a big production of it. They still remember. Larry
Larry Blethen http://www.bluelight-marketing.com larry.blethen@bluelight-marketing.com, 304-369-5603
+0
Rudy Hiebert(rudyhiebert.myamsoil.c

1086 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/29/2006 11:19:09 PM
That's my kind of story, thanks Linda for words that matter, matters of the heart and money, to name a few.
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/30/2006 10:46:16 PM
G'day Mark, I had seen your name and comments around here before but I didn't realise you are a fellow skip. (That's "skippy" - the bush kangaroo - for all the non-Oz folks) The difference between the fledgling Bendigo Bank is that it is community based whereas the so-called majors exist ONLY for shareholder returns. The 4 big banks spend massive amounts on feelgood advertising to tell you how caring and compassionate they are. It is a GIANT CON. They really couldn't care less. All they want is their pound of flesh. The big banks are all about reducing service, closing branches, cutting staff and continually and massively increasing fees. This, naturally, creates an even more obscene profit which, after paying out massive salaries to CEO's and Executive Managers, is split between shareholders. Community Banks like Bendigo, on the other hand, are focussed primarily on what all the others were originally founded on before they became deregulated - ie helping people. I wonder at what point the focus will shift. When the size of Bendigo's managed funds reaches a critical mass and Bendigo can play ball with the big boys then it too may become completely mercenary in its insatiatble hunger for greater profits. Mark, I believe that this will inevitably occur as the "mentality" is transferred to its core by poaching or otherwise co-ercing executives such as yourself from the big banks into its ranks. (That was no sleight on you, by the way). Bank profits in Australia are obscene in the extreme. The greed is incredibly demanding and never-ending. Hence, my comment about coin slots being installed for entry and departure. Gary
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/30/2006 11:46:45 PM
Gary, One of the regional banks here was advertising a few years ago that they didn't charge to talk to a teller. I had never heard of a bank that did charge to talk to a teller. Maybe we're spoiled in Utah. We have a strong credit union lobby that keeps the banks in check. Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!