Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Pickle Jar - read, share, comment... whatever you like
6/29/2006 1:34:32 PM
Hi Linda, You can't help but get teary eyed after reading that story. My husband has a jar and does the same thing. He puts all his change in it every night, he says that when the Grandchildren are old enough they can do what they want with it. But it is a great way to save without feeling much of a pinch. But that story was definitely about persevering through any adversity. Thank you for sharing this beautiful story with all of us. Your Good Friend Deborah
BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/29/2006 1:45:50 PM
Hi Linda, This is a very interesting story. In my oppinion is very important to be perseverent and determined! But, if one has a college than there are more chances to get to the one named SUCCESS! Thanks for the great post. Anamaria
+0
Mary Hannan

6209 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/29/2006 2:51:20 PM
Hello Linda, Thanks for the invitation. This is a truly touching story. It remains me as a child watching "Old Yeller", when he had to be shot, we all had tears flowing. My oldest brother, whom I hardly ever seen cry said "If anyone could watch that and not shed a tear, they haven't got a heart." I have friends that have made a quite good with their education and some as you said flipping hamburgers or an equaivant. I also know a few whom have out in the time at college and are quite content sitting on their duff and exspecting someone else to support them. We do have to move toward our goals every day. Things don't change unless we change them. Well I guess I've rambled enough on this. Mary
+0
Mark Hodgetts

71 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/29/2006 3:24:19 PM
Hey Gary I work for a bank - and I agree with you - with one exception. I worked for one of the majors managing two branches and sincerely I nearly had a nervous breakdown coping with their demands and legitimate client concerns and attitudes like yours. I was on big money but was going mad. I jumped ship and swore I'd never work in a bank again, then an old mentor rang me and suggested I work for Bendigo Bank. I took him up and it is like working in a different industry. the amount of money the Bendigo pours in to the community is phenomonal. Its attitude is strong community = strong bank and it means it. I'm currently involved in commencing a Community Enterprise project with the full support of the bank and its exciting. I'm earning about 30K less than I did with the major bank, but I can honestly say that I love my job and the clients respond to me differently BTW: We wouldn't charge for counting coin (in fact even when I worked at the major I instructed mty tellers not to do that - I figured we were making enough money) Cheers Mark
+0
Mark Hodgetts

71 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/29/2006 3:27:16 PM
As for the story re the pickle jar- it takes a lot to make an Aussie male to admit that they get emotional about anything, but yes that hit the soft spot -(thought I'd buried it). What a great story. I'm going to use it at work today
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!