Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: This is what Has to be Stopped in Iraq
6/28/2006 2:11:19 PM
Hi Bob, Yes, what DO you call the weapons used on the Kurds? Did the West invent "Chemical Ali?" Actually, I first read about him in an article out of the Middle East. There is growing evidence that the Weapons of Mass Destruction were moved into neighbouring countries friendly to Mr. Hussein's government. Also, it is interesting that in spite of all the protests against the US out of that area, no one is calling for the release of Saddam Hussein. Makes you think... God bless, Dave
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/25/2006 5:17:30 PM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for sharing this valuable information. So many countries/nations residents blame the USA for the war in Iraq and view the USA as the root of evil. It is unbelievable that people don't see how terrible things have been in Iraq long before the USA intervened. Our military are in a dangerous place with fanaticals eager to maim or kill them. Terrorists from many nations are flocking to Iraq just to kill Americans. How people can think we are the evil ones is beyond belief.

DonnaZ

+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/5/2006 1:32:34 PM
Hi Donna, The fact is, the majority of these people don't really care about the people of Iraq. They simply want to live in a world seen through rose-coloured glasses and don't want to know about the things that scare them. Furthermore, many honestly believe that if you treat the terrorists nicely, they will be nice in return. This fact was very clearly demonstrated in the battle between Israel and Hezbollah. Even though Hezbollah started it, by firing rockets at random into Israel, the world screamed at Israel not to reciprocate. Israel has been painted as criminal for bombing the living daylights out of Lebanon and killing many civilians, even though they were targeting Hezbollah launch sites placed in civilian areas by Hezbollah. It is a sad statement of the thinking and values of the free world when we start painting the victim as the "bad guy," even going so far as to call for the recognition of the terrorists as a legitimate political organization. The battle we are fighting against the terrorists might very well be unwinnable. In fact, I think there's a very high possibility that it cannot be won. However, it must be fought, as the terrorists are completely committed to the annhilation of all who do not convert to Islam. I do not know what you are able to see in the news where you live, but I have watched and listened to the speakers from Iran and various terrorist organizations, who have repeatedly called for the killing of all non-Islamic people. To say that treating them nicely will prevent this is folly. They have already kidnapped and killed many individuals who are over there as peaceful pacifists, opposed to the war, and dedicated convincing the US and all other countries involved to pull out. If they will kill them, who is safe? God bless, Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!