Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Robert Coaster

581 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: This is what Has to be Stopped in Iraq
6/27/2006 7:10:40 PM
Hi Dave, Thanks for posting! Things like this have to be stopped no matter where they occur or as Rose said they will eventually reach your home. Whenever i hear opposing voices to this war which i can understand however i am always reminded of what happened close to my home on 09/11/01.
+0
6/28/2006 12:41:11 AM
Hi Dave, Some pretty shocking sites you have there.It's very hard to say wheather they should stay or go. It's still a troubled place. Although I think the amount of armed forces that are there could be thinned a little.Allow the people to start looking after themselves again. I would not like to be in charge! Thanks Dave an interesting forum. Leanne Busby http://www.aussie-money-tree.biz http://www.aussie-money-tree.info
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/28/2006 2:29:16 AM
Hi Leanne, I would not want to be in charge, either. It is a very difficult situation, with very deep roots, involving many different groups from different areas. If the US was to leave now, it would likely be the same as when Vietnam was evacuated. The resulting genocide in Cambodia (finally brought to the attention of the whole world in the book and movie, The Killing Fields) was ghastly. The same thing could and would most likely happen in Iraq. Furthermore, those who hate the West would see the pullout of the US and coalition forces as a victory for themselves and a sign of Western weakness. However, to stay in means a long, bloody, unpopular campaign, with many more people in the world turning against the US and its allies, and many more right in the coalition countries turning against their governments. The sad fact is, this will probably turn into another Vietnam. The next election is coming soon in the US, and it will very likely be a Democrat win this time. If they simply pull out the troops, there will be a bloodbath in Iraq. Furthermore, the extremists will be emboldened by the pullout and more likely to again attempt a strike on Western soil. If there is a solution, I don't think anyone knows what it is, yet, only that we have to keep trying. God bless, Dave
+0
Bob
Bob Sims

144 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/28/2006 10:58:46 AM
Hello Dave; There is not much to really say about this. It is a very sad thing and I can well imagine-hard for most people to digest. In all honesty though we must open our eyes to these things no matter how distant they seem to be from us. The truths in all this is beknownst to God. And I believe that his "Will Be Done" I know that what President Bush did by going on to attack Iraq was wrong in the way he went against the United Nations and the Security Counsil..... No actual Weapons Of Mass Destruction have been found to date in Iraq. But, what would people call the weapons used on the Kurds ?
Visit www.topbizops.com/sims for all the products,services,and software that business owners want and need.
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/28/2006 2:07:32 PM
Hello David, This is a very good post. Yes, there are lot's of debates upon this issue. I always tried to stay out of it because I didn't know how to exactly express my feelings. I think the best way would be this: I will never question the peoples beliefe upon this things and their reasons, but the leaders! I'm sure they always have good intentions and really wanting to help! BUT... LOL! There is now way to convince me that there is one political (at high level I mean) who does something for the wealth being of someone's else! they are only thinking on their own good, and preaches the noble ones! We are lucky if I'm wrong more than 10% With friendship, Anamaria
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!