Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Money Isn't Important...
6/22/2006 8:40:14 PM
Too true, too true! ============ "See, I have known people that act the way you describe. But, every time I have met someone with the "greedy" mindset I've discovered that if I poke around a little, I will discover that they are a walking pack of lies." ============ They look good, they smell good, they have the flash car, they talk big AND... ... they are hocked to the eyeballs. Gary
+0
6/22/2006 8:46:58 PM
Hey Norman... ======= Money of course, is a just medium of exchange... it is material, a thing -i.e. has no mind and thus no freedom to choose between good or evil. ======= I agree completely. Thus it is with all "things." Guns do not kill, people do. Vehicles do not kill (ie vehicular homicide) the drivers (people) do. And money is not evil - but what some people do for it and with it might be. It all boils down to people. ========== I highly recommend that you read any one of her books before you adopt her as the protector of free enterprise and the freedom we enjoy to make money legitemitely? ========== I had to laugh. That's why I was certain to credit the author. I have not read Ayn Rand's writings, so I do not personally adopt her as anything. I did, however, think the article might stimulate some great conversation. I was right on the mark with that assumption, it appears. ========== in other places she refers to the wealthy in society as... 'really alive', while ordinary people are described as 'savages', 'inanimate objects'... 'who cares if the wealthy take risks with these creatures'?" ========== Now that's interesting indeed. I don't know that I'd use money as the barometer for what makes a person really 'alive.' I'd probably say self control is the barometer. All one has to do is look at the drug scene in Toronto (or any big city) to see that rich and poor alike destroy their lives for crack, coke, e and a number of other such substances. Hardly seems "alive" to me.... and some of the "rich" are counted in those numbers. But then, what do I know? lol *wink* Linda
+0
6/22/2006 8:52:40 PM
Hello Jenny, I am so glad that someone else feels the same way.I couldn't of said it any better.God Bless Ya, Terri
Terri McElwain Moonlight Agency http:www.ourgv.com/moonlight Would you like to own your own store? Do all the marku
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/22/2006 8:55:04 PM
Hmmmm, ============= "All one has to do is look at the drug scene in Toronto (or any big city) to see that rich and poor alike destroy their lives for crack, coke, e and a number of other such substances. Hardly seems "alive" to me.... and some of the "rich" are counted in those numbers." ============== Good point. Dickheads can be rich or poor too, you know. Gary
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Money Isn't Important... (what do you think of this?)
6/22/2006 11:01:16 PM
Hi Linda, My Grandfather used to tell me you could always tell who the people were without money... they were the ones talking about how much they have. He also said that those who are fortunate to have enough money to take care of their needs and the needs of their next generation, should be very careful and take care of the needs of the community and those who are without. Because if you don't your money is for naught. Just some words from my Popo. Your Good Friend Deborah
BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!