Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Murder of the English Language
6/9/2006 2:50:37 PM
Hi Flo, Yes, today's language IS very vulgar. Unfortunately, the vulgarity, simplification and erosion of language is not limited to English. In my travels here in our great country of Canada, I have also heard the French language brutally murdered by many. We even recently had a Prime Minister who skillfully murdered both English and French with equal finesse! What can we expect when our leaders set such an example! Now we have in Canada a very rough, crude, and growing language from the central area of the country dubbed, "Frenglish" or "Franglaise," which is a bad mixture of crude French and crude English, virtually impossible for anyone who speaks either language well to understand. I hope there are still enough people who love both languages to preserve what's left. God bless, Dave
+0
6/9/2006 2:55:31 PM
Dave, I have to agree with you, I once read "When the morals of a nation declines, so does it education".
James Kinney The Cardioman Cardio Cocktail www.drinkcardiococktail.com/30724 Joint Cocktail:www.formor.com/30724 Check My Home Page http://www.viradyne.com/moneypartners
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/9/2006 2:57:33 PM
Hi Deborah, I believe we are allies on this! Yes, we have become a society that is always looking for the easy way - the lowest common denominator of simplicity and effortlessness. ================================================= And what do we have? We have adults who can't speak the king's English and consider "The Simpson's" quality entertainment. ================================================== Don't get me started on this! lol! My opinion of "The Simpsons" is virtually unprintable. It has to be one of the stupidest pieces of media garbage ever produced. God bless, Dave
+0
Deborah Skovron

2979 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/9/2006 3:01:39 PM
Hi Dave, I had to come back. I am so glad to hear someone else feels the same way. I was beginning to think it was just me. Thank you, Dave. Your Good Friend Deborah
BrandName Kidswear starting at $2.65. http://debs-kids.com 12 Page Book thats creating miracles...FREE http://www.debs-kids.com/star-thrower.pdf Where Money Grows Like Kids
+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/9/2006 4:45:04 PM
Ay Dayve, Wotcha meen then? You sayin we's fik or summat? Me teecha sed as long as me meenin go' across it wuz Ok then. Yew old geezers luv tekkin a pop at us cos yor old and past it bu' the wirld is ars an we c'n do wot we wan' OK it rerly gets me nek wen i ear you all goin on about yoof. We the futcher OK. So don' mess wiv it. (Expletives deleted in order to reduce the transmission time and to protect the dear readers' eye-sight.)
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!