Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Welcome To The Feature Of The Week aka Person Of The Week! (46th Edition)
6/5/2006 4:21:07 PM
*************************************************************** Hello Everyone! ;-) Georgios Paraskevopoulos is my favorite friend in this fun community. :-) Georgios, I like your picture on the front page of the community. It looks terrific! 8) You are the king this week. Cheers! LaNell ***************************************************************
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/5/2006 6:16:16 PM
Hello Lisa, I was going to make black humour here but you were luck you sent me Aphrodite so I changed mind. Anyhow black humour comes from black bile a direct translation of 'μέλαν [melan]' meaning "black" and 'χολή [chole]' meaning bile. The word melancholic is a direct The name HIPPOCRATES, a 5th-century BC Greek doctor who is known as the Father of Medicine. The name is Ancient Greek. The Latinized form of the Greek name 'Ιπποκρατης [Hippokrates] which meant "horse power", derived from the elements ‘ίππος [Hippos'] "horse" and 'κράτος [kratos] "power". The archaic Euboean (Greek islans) word 'χύμωρ [humor]' means juice or fluid substance in the body, such as blood, lymph, or bile. In Attic dialect and in the word is 'χυμός [hymos]' meaning juice. Physicians in the Middle Ages believed that four principal humors — blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile — controlled body functions and that a person's temperament resulted from the humor that was most prevalent in the body. Sanguine people were controlled by blood, phlegmatic people by phlegm, choleric people by yellow bile (also known as “choler”, and melancholic people by black bile a.k.a “melancholy”. humour, according to ancient theory, any of four bodily fluids that determined man's health and temperament. Hippocrates postulated that an imbalance among the humors (blood, phlegm, black bile, and yellow bile) resulted in pain and disease, and that good health was achieved through a balance of the four humors; he suggested that the glands had a controlling effect on this balance. For many centuries this idea was held as the basis of medicine and was much elaborated. Galen introduced a new aspect, that of four basic temperaments reflecting the humors: the sanguine, buoyant type; the phlegmatic, sluggish type; the choleric, quick-tempered type; and the melancholic, dejected type. In time any personality aberration or eccentricity was referred to as a humor. In literature, a humor character was one in whom a single passion predominated; this interpretation was especially popular in Elizabethan and other Renaissance literature. One of the most comprehensive treatments of the subject was the Anatomy of Melancholy, by Robert Burton. The theory found its strongest advocates among the comedy writers, notably Ben Jonson and his followers, who used humor characters to illustrate various modes of irrational and immoral behavior. In medicine, the theory lost favor in the 19th cent. after the German Rudolf Virchow presented his cellular pathology. The name Aphodite will be in a forum very soon. Best Regards Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0
Jerome Pfeifer

316 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
6/5/2006 7:25:05 PM
Hi John & LaNell, I commend you two for the work you bring to our community. Congratulations Georgios, I am the most happy for you; I have the utmost respect for you. After reading your BIO, now I understand why we are friends. Enjoy your week. Jerome Pfeifer Sr.
Jerome Contact EM: 190053@adlandpro.com $250 In FREE Advertising
+0
6/5/2006 7:55:01 PM
Hello Georgios, Congratulations on being selected the POTW. It is a most deserving honour!! Those of us whose lives you have touched,with a rose, a smile, an angel or your extensive knowledge on a variety of issues, are truly blessed to know you. Looking forward to sharing more with you... Have a great week, Marlamar
"Success is part determination and part divine intervention" - Marlamar http://www.marviaspanamajournal.com
+0
Karen Earll

179 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
6/5/2006 8:09:38 PM
Congratulations King Georgios!!!!!!!! You never cease to amaze me. Have a Wonderful Week!!!!!!!
Karen Earll Skype ID kdearll $7 Miracle Matrix http://www.3.telus.net/rmc/opfm.htm Bring Your Buddy http://bringyourbuddy.net/?id=8195 Having Fun. Helping Friends. Creating Wealth. Reaching Dreams. Watkins Summit Group http://www.tsginfo.com/ind
+0