Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Traditional Celebrations - June
6/23/2008 10:30:01 AM
Hello Phil :-)

Welcome to Romania's Traditions and Celebrations.
I'm so happy to learn you loved my forum; don't worry about reading everything :-)
You have time to do that; as you can see I also did all these in time; sometimes even toooooo long LOL. For a better guidance You can find everything gathered in one place, here in Table of Content thread and you can pick which ever you like more ;-)

Let me share with you another story about Sanziene

SANZIENE'S HORA
(un-translatable; HORA = Romanian round dance)

They say, SANZIENELE are outstandingly beautiful young girls who live in the woods or on plains. On the 24th of June, every year they start a HORA, thus giving healing powers to flowers and plants around. On this night FAIRIES are walking on the ground and flying in the air. They sing and spread fructification (hope the word is right???) on The Earth and married women, multiply birds and animals, heal diseases/illness and protect sown fields from hails. If people do not celebrate them decently as they expect, they get angry and they ally with Rusalii** If women do not celebrate them accordingly, are punished, making their mouth ugly. Neither men do not escape to easy; the ones who lied swearing an oath (now this is another expression I'm not too sure of?!?) or made many bad things are waited by lots of awful punishments, Sanzienele being well-known as great supporters of love and justice.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/sparkletags/Fantasy%20art%20by%20Julie%20Fain/YouveBeenFairyDustedJF.gif

Wish you a wonderful Summer filled with love and joy and happiness :-)
With friendship,
Anamaria

PS: ** Rusalii is another traditional holiday which is celebrated in the same day with the Fiftieth Day (related to Easter), being devoted especially to the celebration of the spirits of the dead.

+0
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/23/2008 11:10:50 AM
Wow Ana Maria,

you live in a very lovely country, very mystical...thankyou for sharing your customs and traditions with us. Awesome job youv'e done here. Thank you also for inviting me here...talk to you soon lovely lady:-)

monday

Pauline R
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
7/16/2008 7:00:32 AM
Hello Pauline :-)

Sorry, but I didn't realize I missed greeting you here :-(