Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: I Got Mooned on Mainstreet!
5/23/2006 10:30:11 PM
Hi Florence... ========== Besides having their daily chores, my children came once and only once to tell me they were bored. I fixed that in a hurry ========== You're from MY school of thinking. When I was raising my daughter and running a "safe home" for latch key kids, there was a rule in my house. Anyone that said "I'm bored" had to clean the toliets. Immediately. Until they sparkled. I sure didn't hear THAT phrase often. : ) Linda
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/24/2006 4:19:23 AM
Hi Linda, ======================================================== =============== The elite have ensured there will be few challenges to their position for the foreseeable future. And we let them do it! We must have blinked. =============== I respectfully disagree. With all my heart soul, I disagree. =========================================================== I think the "we" referred to the collective we, not the individual. You are quite right: the individual does have the power to make a difference; however, the collective is too lazy, indifferent and slothful to care. Someone once made a joke about Canadians that I think applies to the majority in many countries. Statement: "Canadians are apathetic." Typical Canadian: "Who cares?!" The problem is that the majority are content with the status quo as long as they have their food, shelter, TV and beer in the fridge. What the leaders in the Western World have ensured partly via the education system is that they have the support of the majority who can't be bothered even trying to rise. Those who truly want to get ahead and have the moxy and determination to do it still will. That is one of the main reasons why people who move to Canada or the US from countries where life really is difficult so often succeed to far greater levels than people who are born here. First of all, they had the determination to get out of the situation they were in, and secondly, they come here and see the majority sitting around in dead-end jobs drinking beer in front of their television sets, and say, "Wow! Look at all the opportunity here!" In the meantime, the people sitting vegetating in front of their TVs see a story on TV about somebody from an underdeveloped country coming here and making a fortune and they say, "Look at that! These people come over here and steal all our opportunities!" So, no, the elite are not actually preventing anyone from getting ahead, but they are educating the masses who come from the masses who don't think, hate work, and don't want get ahead, that it's fine to not want to think, hate work and not bother trying to get ahead. Those of us who do think, see opportunity, love striving and working, and who want to get ahead, will, and we need to seriously instill the same values in our children. BTW, I'm a friend of an old friend of Bill Gates - it's a good thing for Bill that he thinks for himself! My friend's friend, who Bill used to work for as a teenager, told him that PCs would never fly and that he should stay in school! Funny... God bless, Dave
+0
5/24/2006 6:25:06 AM
Hi Dave, First of all Congrates on Power Member statis. Great post, I dont think Ive found all those great spots and places so many yet to find,so much to see and do. I have to agree,I never get bored either. I think the Mooning is a group adrenalin rush, it's always remembered from both parties. I remember standing out the front yard and seeing a carload of bottoms go past,it was the funniest thing. Thanks Leanne Busby http://www.aussie-money-tree.biz http://www.aussie-money-tree.info
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/24/2006 7:02:01 AM
Dave and Linda, I think you are both correct - maybe coming from different angles. Society is definitely being dumbed down. We can see it across the world in our so-called "education systems." Our political masters want it, need it and play to it. At the same time people are becoming more and more apathetic and pathetic. The dual effect is that the privileged often have no real right to their status. They are there simply because they tread on people. People resent it but they are too weak to do anything about it. Example - elections - the candidates will promise anything to get elected. Once in office they do nothing of the sort. My HEDONIST PRINCIPLE works from both ends. In physics this is akin to the superimposition of sine waves - like interacting ripples in a pond. Sometimes a trough and a rise will cancel each other out. Other times they will cause a deeper trough or a higher rise - eg the usurpment of power by the rulers and the feebleness of the masses to do anything about it. Dave, you might know this from the harmonics in music. Anyway, I'm getting too technical. The meek will not inherit the earth. They will inherit nothing. Gary
+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/24/2006 4:15:20 PM
Hi, Dave, Linda and Gary, There is ABSOLUTELY no doubt in my mind that there has been a deliberate policy within the ruling echelons to ensure that there can be no popular challenge to their position. Yes, Linda, there will be exceptions, there always are but look around you. I don't mean cast a cursory glance - I mean LOOK around you. Look at the current youth at a total loss as to how to do anything constructive. Destruction is easy - so that is what they do, from bullying and demeaning those who want to achieve to deliberately damaging, stealing or destroying the posessions of others. Kids being visciously mugged for their designer trainers is no longer news. Kids under 14 having routine abortions is no longer news. Kids stealing motor vehicles and wrecking them before torching them is no longer news. Teachers being beaten up by parents for trying to instill discipline is no longer news. The fact that no university in the UK can expect any new entrant to be competent in mathematics and English is no longer news. The fact that any politician can get away with just about any slime ball activities and still hold public office is no longer news. The fact that a budding pop star can star in a blue movie and enhance their fame and reputation IS news. Our children listen to 'Rap' stars trotting out the most vile and filthy language - and nobody bats an eyelid. Our children expect to be bought the expensive CDs produced by what were once reputable and responsible recording studios from what were once responsible and reputable family shops. Kids play games in which they can vicariously slaughter hundreds with all the blood and gore that entails. Our kids play games where it is accepted that the bad guy always wins. Where do I stop? This world of ours is going to Hell in a bucket and it is our generation (those 45 and over) who have the handle in our hands. How did it happen? How did I, a disabled old man become an automatic and identifiable defiler of women with whom no woman is safe to be alone - no matter what my behaviour towards them is? Why are our children no longer able to seek aid from an adult? If they are in trouble, all they are advised to do is scream and run away. Where to? Who to? I despair - and I feel so helpless because it is no longer accepted that the individual is responsible for its own actions. Everything is somebody else's fault. Most of all, I feel some of it must be my fault because I saw it happening and was powerless to do anything about it.
+0