Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Robin McLean

158 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: I Got Mooned on Mainstreet!
6/10/2006 6:27:24 AM
Hi, Dave: While I'm sure that was an unexpected and shocking event for you, I must remind you that young people are "young minded"... and believe it or not, they haven't changed much through the years. "Mooning" is NOT new to young people, our nation, or this century. Nor is the desire to go camping, or read a book, or to go fishing, or spending the evening studying. It simply depends on the individual(s). As for them "being bored" (as you assume), I doubt that was a driving force. So, lets not be so quick to stereo-type this as a "young person" thing. My guess is this was nothing other than an attempt to have a laugh (sorry it was at your expense), but lets not view this as a sign that our society is "doomed". OK? Miracles & Blessings, Robin
Yuwie - The Place for Fun,Friends,Earning $$$ http://www.yuwie.com/yuwie.asp?r=37246 Internet Marketing Ctr. (IMC) http://www.marketingtips.com/mailloop/t.x/929392 Marketing Leverage Systems http://www.mlswealth.com Agent ID#: MLS2126
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/10/2006 8:01:06 AM
Hi David, I agree with Robin. As in the prvious post I made, living in a conservative town of 1,000 mid-west farmers and small village minds, I also did some silly things. That did not make a criminal out of any of us. Kids are mearly saying "Look at me. I am now turning from childhood to young adult. We are making decisions on our own now----good or bad, we are trying to find our way". Society will not tumble because we made some bad decisions. Gary!!!!Yes I am extremely offended by the pop ups. If a foroum owner is answering posts while I am on, they continually come up. If I want to follow a forum, I will go there. It seems Adlandpro is moving slow and it could be from this additional item running.
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/12/2006 1:45:10 AM
Hi Robin, Thanks for popping by. ======================================================= While I'm sure that was an unexpected and shocking event for you, I must remind you that young people are "young minded"... and believe it or not, they haven't changed much through the years. ========================================================== Actually, it was neither unexpected nor shocking to me. You are quite correct in stating that the exuberance and silliness of youth is not new. The rather amusing little bit of silliness simply got me thinking about the youth of today, and the things I hear from youth and parents of youth on a very regular basis; something you never heard when I was a kid. "There's nothing for young people to do. We want to be entertained. We need more things to keep us amused..." I recall hearing this one time from a young person I worked with who was being transfered to one of the outdoor wonder towns of our province, Smithers, BC. She told me she hated the idea of going there because there was absolutely nothing to do! Smithers is a swimming, camping, hiking, fishing, skiing, walking, cycling, horseback riding, driving wonderland and a lot more. It has an arena and skating rink, swimming pool, museum, rec centre, theatres, golf courses, clubs for kids and adults, organized sports teams and more. Yet this person's idea was that there was nothing to do there. Had that young person's idea been unique to her, I wouldn't have paid any more than bried attention. However, since that time, it has been on the top of the agenda in town after town I've visited and lived in - nothing for kids to do. If it was as simple as a group of young men and women mooning a stranger on a dark street one night, it really wouldn't indicate any serious problem for society. However, what it did do for me was to remind me that we DO have young people (they make them every day! lol!) and they are less and less responsible, lazier, harder to train (a startling percentage have no respect for authority), less able to communicate effectively, more likely to have multiple unstable relationships than the previous generation, and on it goes. Please do not get me wrong; while I believe it is each individual's responsibility to take responsibility for themselves and their own actions, it is the parents' and society's responsibility to equip young people from an early age to be able to take on the responsibilities that come with adult life. The slide in morality, ethics, and ability to live a full and happy life in a generation is always the result of the decisions made by the previous generation. Our society IS in big trouble. Any serious student of history would most certainly agree with me UNLESS they think that we can simply ignore history and let technology save us. Many great civilizations of the past have collapsed when their moral and ethical fibre collapsed, and no amount of technology could save them, nor will it save us now. As I've stated before, society is NOT just a group of people living together in a certain area - it's an organized group of people living together, working together, generally getting along, having mutual respect for one another, and putting the whole ahead of the individual. Our modern society is putting the individual ahead of the group, which can't work. When families can't even stay together anymore, there's no way society can either. (more info - http://www.google.ca/search?q=stats+family+breakup ) God bless, Dave
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!