Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Seven Simple Steps to Small Business Success
5/20/2006 4:35:53 PM
Hi, Mary You're welcome, and thank you. One of the things I learned from a networking mentor was to borrow someone else's credibility until I had established my own. When I feel I have something of my own to share within my area of expertise, I don't hesitate to write it myself. And it's great that these guys...Brian Tracy, Jim Rohn, Jack Canfield...all the people from whom I've learned so many great principles, make their articles available for republication. When I've got writer's block or too much on my plate to take the time to write something myself, it gives me something to post on schedule, lol. Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/20/2006 4:38:22 PM
Hi, Jill. Well, I think I've said before that Jim Rohn is my all-time favorite, but Brian Tracy is definitely on the list. This article turned up with perfect synchronicity. Thanks for posting. Cheri
+0
James Max

711 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/20/2006 5:31:46 PM
Hey Cheri, Thanks very for the nice compliments. As the saying goes "Those who can, do; and those who can't, teach!" Maybe I missed my calling. Not! But do you know why that is? According to the The First Tenent of Salesmanship found in the words "KISS" - Keep it simple stupid" "It doesn't take brains to make money - just a Little Luck and a Ton of Persistance" -- Mensa GuideBook For Dummies -Chapter1 (joke!) Take care of yourself, maxout
Free Monetize Adsense Niche Blogs For Affiliate Marketing - http://www.goodnewsforall.com/PLR/AutoIncomeBlog/
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/20/2006 6:18:17 PM
Max, That gave me a chuckle. Here are a couple of other gems from my email today. Do you think the Universe is trying to tell me something? "Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit” -Napoleon Hill "Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." -Calvin Coolidge If so, it's preaching to the choir. I'm the most persistent person I know. Which is why I'm still trying to keep my head above water (with regard to time management) in at least four business pursuits including the offline ones. Multiple streams of income, baby! You take care, too. Cheri
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/21/2006 11:34:03 AM
Hi, Judy I was looking for a quote for you about the word 'try', which I have eliminated from my vocabulary to the best of my ability (it sneaks in once in a while). I couldn't find the one I was looking for...if I'm remembering it correctly it was from Yoda 'There is no try, only do or do not.' I may have it scrambled a bit. I know from past conversations that you and I struggle with some of the same issues. Believe me when I say this is just as much a change of attitude for me as for anyone to whom I give the advice. It illustrates the very point I am communicating with the theme of this forum. I 'tried' for over half a century. Then I read some books by people like the author of this article and began 'doing'. Guess which one has worked better? I do not claim to be perfect at it, have not yet achieved all I want to. But, like you, I'm on my way. I suspect that for both of us, if we were to reach the destination of one goal, we'd find another one on the horizon. I can also relate to the disorganized lifestyle. While searching for the other quote, I found this one that may be relevant to you as it is to me: "It is not enough to be busy, so are the ants. The question is, 'What are we busy about'?" -- Henry David Thoreau I hope you are busy about something you find pleasant on this Sunday, which in my part of the world is a glorious day. Thanks for posting. Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!