Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Attention Getter
5/17/2006 10:35:15 PM
Hello Friends, Here's something for you to think about and maybe do !! On your website or in an ad, an image should be used as an attention getter. It should draw people in to read the words used in the ad. But remember, it is words that sell - not pictures. Each word used in the ad should lead the person to the desired outcome. In the case of a classified ad, the desired outcome should be to have them request more information. Sales are seldom made from the first ad someone sees describing your product, service or opportunity. If you can get someone to ask for more information, your ad is working and has done the first part of the job. Anyone involved in Internet Sales without a web page is simply spinning their wheels. Many of the web pages however are disaster areas. People get so creative in their design, they forget their primary purpose. Once you have gotten someone to this point, it is now time to close the sale, and this is where many people "miss the boat". Think about it - your ad had to have been effective as it got them to your web site. They are looking for additional information. Some people want the presentation in the quickest possible fashion, while others are willing to spend the time researching your offer. To be effective you should try to accommodate both groups. An effective presentation will provide a synopsis of what you want to cover. It should also have a "link" where a person can go for in depth information. This is definitely a case where more is better. But you should not use words simply to fill space - they should all be carefully crafted to bring the person to your order page. Studies have shown that one web page with internal links to additional information will usually do better. Think of these internal links as bookmarks within your page, which will quickly advance someone to the desired spot. An image will make your page more attractive, but don't include one unless it has a purpose, and will help close the sale. A large image that takes a long time to load will many times have the reverse effect of what is desired. If the visitor simply "clicks away" from your web page because the image loads slowly, it is defeating its purpose. Some guru's recommend power words like "free" or "earn without work", but these terms have been overused. While power words may still have a place in your "teaser" ads, you should use down to earth language at your web site. The words must be vibrant and alive, driving the person toward the desired outcome. You must learn how to write persuasive words targeted specifically to your potential customer. If your target market is professionals, write your message geared to them. Remember however that the vocabulary of many potential customers may be limited, so don't use words that will not be understood by the average person. Avoid the use of terms that will not be known by your prospects. Your text should be written in a black, legible font with a light background, preferably white. While yellow text on a black background is "cute" you should avoid using fancy fonts or backgrounds that are difficult to read - people will simply "click away". Remember - every word you use should have one specific purpose, and that is to lead your prospect to buy what you are selling. When writing sales copy, use words like "you" and "your" - write as if you are speaking with just one person -- one on one. Finally, be aware that many Internet users are apprehensive about making a purchase on the Internet. You must put your potential customers mind at ease by displaying your full name, company name and contact information. This will put their mind at ease by building their confidence in you and your product. While your picture may be an attention getter, it is the words that will sell. by Bob Osgoodby ---- One other point that I'd like to add to this is dont forget to link your images,some people click on them,so why not use it! Thanks for your visit Leanne Busby http://www.aussie-money-tree.biz http://www.aussie-money-tree.info
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Attention Getter
5/18/2006 3:46:58 AM
Hi Leanne, Well written and informative. It is important to put forth a good image. Chek your speling. You wil loose credibuility if pore gramer and spelin is is used. The most misspelled word I see on web pages is the use of the word "learn"......they use "learnt" for learned. There is no such word. They are writing like they speak. These are English first language people who just mispronounce the word. So my point is this, have a proof reader both for content and grammar and spelling.
+0
James Max

711 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/18/2006 7:47:20 AM
Hey Leanne, Thanks for the reminders of constructive and persuasive website building to sell. Most of the times we let our imagination get the better of us to our own marketing downfall. Thanks For Caring and Sharing maxinvegas ============================================= Your Website Can Make You $100,000 In 4 Short Months Or You Can Kick Us To The Curb And Pay Nothing! What Do You Have To Lose? You Only Lose By Not Acting. Limited Offer. http://goodnewsforall.biz
Free Monetize Adsense Niche Blogs For Affiliate Marketing - http://www.goodnewsforall.com/PLR/AutoIncomeBlog/
+0
Kathy Kanouse

3270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/18/2006 9:05:25 AM
Thank you Leanne for the well written information. I will apply these in my areas that need fixing.
+0
Kathy Kanouse

3270 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/18/2006 9:54:29 AM
Thank you Leanne for sharing this great information with us to help us take another look at our sites & see what changes can be made.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!