Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Warning!! Forum Hijackers advertising at your forums!!
5/15/2006 7:10:38 PM
Hi John, Thanks for the back handed compliment my friend, you can't keep a good ex-pat down. I to share your thoughts & hopes that Bogdan, or the Admin can make it that only the actually member 'owner' can post new threads on their forums, that way these 'Forum Flashers' as you so nicely call them will have to build their own friends list to let there 'opportunity's' be seen. Your warning about forum checking daily is one that should be taken notice of as these new 'members' do not seem to get the hint to well. As for the move being uneventually & stressless, well we will have to see, but I doubt it! Your Security Friend in Las Vegas. (Soon to be in Oregon)
+0
5/15/2006 7:13:54 PM
Deborah, Thank you so much for your congrats. Yes,, it is becoming a new source of annoyance this forum hijacking, or 'Forum Flashers' as John P so 'nicely' calls them. It is rude & should be stopped. Your Security Friend in Las Vegas. (Soon to be in Oregon)
+0
5/15/2006 7:17:53 PM
Hi Patrica, I know what you mean about others advertising in a forum thread, it's totally unprofessional & rude, but these two actually started their own threads on my forum page, not adding their adverts to threads already running, that is what I was trying to get across. (maybe not to well, it has after all been a long weekend & finding those threads just niggled me). Your Security Friend in Las Vegas. (Soon to be in Oregon)
+0
5/15/2006 7:20:36 PM
Hi Marjorie, Thanks for the congrats.... No, I don't think they were secret admirers, just two people who saw a popular forum & decided to start new threads advertising their 'opportunity's' in the hope that other members thought most likely that I had given them permission to do it. Your Security Friend in Las Vegas. (Soon to be in Oregon)
+0
5/15/2006 7:28:42 PM
Hello Amanda & James. Like I answered to Patrica, I guess I was not quite clear about what these two had done, they had actually started their own advertising thread at my Personal & Home Security tips forum, not added their adverts to a thread that was already running. Guess I was not quite to clear about that, which is what I was trying to get you all to look for on your actual main forum page, where all your forum threads are listed. this is where you will find the hijackers, or 'forum flashers' as John P. so nicely put's it. As for the ones that take over a forum already in 'progress' shall we say, they are just totally unprofessional & really rude in assuming that their 'advert' is more important than the topic being discussed, I normally just delete & block those members on principal. These newer ones are using the popularity of the actuall forum, or the members large friends list to post their adverts as a new thread in the hope that the members friends will think that they sanctioned the 'opportunity'. That is what got me mad & what I was trying to warn you all of. Your Security Friend in Las Vegas. (Soon to be in Oregon)
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!