Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Welcome To The Feature Of The Week aka Person Of The Week! (43rd Edition)
5/14/2006 5:57:10 AM
********************************************************* ********************************************************* Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro From John Sanchez and LaNell! It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for nominating a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below: Criterion How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week? To be chosen as Person of the week you: • Are highly visible on the community • Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful. • Must be nominated for the program by another member of the Community and voted on by other members. ********************************************************** This week we are featuring one our Power Members at AdlandPro his name is Anthony Hobbs. Anthony is known as the “Security Guy” because he is very knowledgeable in matters of security. He’s a very nice and sharp individual who has become an asset to our community. He has volunteered a lot of his time to help us keep our computers and our homes secure. Thank you Anthony, you truly deserve to be this week’s Person of the Week. Congratulations! ********************************************************** Here’s Anthony’s Bio: My Name is Anthony (Tony) Hobbs. I live with Pam, my beautiful wife our crazy dog Frodo, Mouse our equally crazy cat & a new addition to our happy family, 'Dude' the Betta fish, here in sunny Henderson Nevada overlooking Las Vegas & the world famous 'Strip'. I was born in a little village in Surrey, England & lived in & around the same area for the first 46 years of my life. I lived the normal life of country kids back in the 50's & 60's. Hunting, fishing & working hard. My Father was of the 'old school' if you did not work & work hard for & in the family business when you were not at school, you did not get much in the way of new clothes, treats or vacations. We had a large haulage contractors company & when not delivering many varied loads of goods to our customers, we used to cut & deliver turf (sod) in the spring, build & maintain driveways & private roads in the summer, fell tree's & stack timber for drying & splitting into logs in the autumn & sell those same logs, snow plough & salt roads in the winter. We also did any other types of work our customers wanted us to do at anytime during the year. So the hard working ethic was installed in me from an early age, & it is still prevelant today, as is my love of fishing & the outdoor life, as it was the only 'break' I had from working in our haulage contractors yard. The 70's is still a bit vague, I left school at the begining of them, I rebelled somewhat & instead of joining the family business full time, I went my own way into the working world as I had been trained in many aspects of work from an early age, but the rest of what happened in that crazy decade is hazy.........I do know I was married towards the end of the 70's, this event happened in a low point of my life, just after my father died from complications arising from a 'simple hospital procedure' which led to cancer & a very quick end. Maybe I got married because of this, or maybe it was it just seemed a good idea at the time, I'm not sure now & I don't think I was then. Anyone else who lived through the 70's & was somewhat 'wild' will know what I mean. First marriage did not last to long & I swore that I would never marry again, & I managed quite well until 20 odd years later when a certain American lady asked me a question about fishing on my fishing website. Now, I know that some of you may, or may not be a bit shocked to hear that I lived with quite a few lovely ladies, & a few who were not so lovely in the years between my first & second marriage, but Europe was & is a lot less'prudish' about that sort of thing. I had many jobs in those intervening years, mostly driving various sizes & class's of vehicles & I obtained my advanced driving licence in many of them. I also fished, I fished a lot. In 1990 I did extremly well in the UK National Boat championships & returned home from them with a lot of trophy's, prizes & money & the title of National Champion. It was the first actually big fishing tournament I had ever entered, so I was somewhat suprised at all the 'big names' I had beaten to win. This got me into competition sea angling in a big way. I entered more competitions & did well. I had started, along with a few fishing buddies a fishing club about a year before my first big competition succes, & I ended up in the position of general secretary & the deep sea (boat) section secreatary a position where I arranged weekly/monthly trips. This grew to involvement in a few more clubs where I ended up as general secreatary for a some of them also. About this time, I started teaching others how to fish safely in the marine enviroment, something I loved doing & still do to a certain extent. (even though the nearest 'ocean' is around 5 hours away now.) Also at this time, I decided that working for others, interfered with my fishing. So I became self-employed & have never worked for a 'boss' again. (except Pam) Fast forwarding a bit to 2000. As well as training new fisher-people, I got into the Internet & website building. I had my own Taxi company at the time & the computer was for business really, but I kind of liked building websites. So the first one was of course about fishing. Little did I know what I would catch with that. I remember so well on June 15th 2001, a simple email to me asking a question about fishing & how it changed my life from then on. I had never been to America, never really wanted too, but I was booked to fly on 9/13/01 to meet a lady who had captured my heart. unfortunately for us & the world in general, 9/11/01 happened two days before. My flight was put back until 9/22/01 because of the horrific incident that happened and the consequent ban on all commercial flights to America, but on a beautiful late summers evening, I walked out of the customs area of Phoenix's Arizona's Sky Harbour International Airport & into the arms of a beautiful lady. I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. Now, I've emigrated to Nevada & married my 'fishing lady'. I work 10-12 hours a day on the computer building our Internet business. This was not what we had originally planned, but fate & a 40 ton vehicle changed our original plan's, 9 days after I emigrated. The after effects from it basically crushed 5 disc's in my spine & 4 in Pam's. At the time we did not realise this, only after many painful tests (I do not advise a discogram unless your surgeon really insists one is necessary), two surgeries for me, one where two disc's were removed from my lumbar region, replaced by big hollow screws filled with bone matter taken from my hip, the other was in my neck, where the same procedure was performed on another two disc's. I still have one disc in my neck which needs to be worked on oneday. Pam had the same operation on her lumbar region of her spine & is due the same operation on the same two disc's in her neck but she is determined to wait & carry on performing the excersises our physiotherapist has taught her to relieve the pain, until she has to have this operation. We are still both in pain from the operations we have both had from the auto-accident, & we have a few more to look forward to, until we can fully recover. Until then, I guess I will be here. Warning the Adlandpro community about scams, fraud & con's & trying to keep them a little safer with our Personal & home security products webstore. For any members who have birthday's, anniversary's or any other present giving occasion, our gift shop is stacked full of gifts, specially for people who want different types of items for their homes. The best of our affiliate businesses, is without a doubt our Jerky distributorship, however as this business is only for Americans due to the product being meat, a look through our company website will show you other opportunities for world-wide use. In conclusion, I will be not around quite so much over the next few months or so, as we are going to be moving to the Pacific NorthWest, somewhere along the shoreline of Southern Oregon, we are torn between one or two lovely old homes, or some gorgeous tracts of land to build our 'custom home' on, Pam is going to retire & I will hopefully be semi retired as our business is earning us enough now for Pam not to have to work anymore. Which is what I have been working for. Now that day has arrived, Pam contracted Bronchial Pneumonia on March the 13th & even though the pneumonia has subsided, she has ended up with COPD (Chronic, Obstructive Pulmonary Disease). She is now on oxygen 24/7 & various Anti Biotics & Steroids to ease the proble. We have decided it's time to move to the Oregon coast a lot sooner. We will be heading up there in just over a week to finalise on our new place by the sea, as the Dr's have said that the sea air will be better for Pam, than the desert air. I will still join in your forums & add my bit, normally tongue in cheek & with that certain British cheekiness, but maybe you will all understand why, not quite so much for the next few months. I have a lot of friends here at Adlandpro, & I hope to make a lot more. I feel at home here & the wonderful members who do their best to make this a caring, professional community, with their training, tips, hints & occasional insider info, is a unique experience & one I have never encountered anywhere else in the other online community's I belong to. Thanks for listening to the ramblings of this uprooted old Ex-Brit, who left his homeland to be with & marry a beautiful Lady. Anthony ********************************************************** We hope you enjoyed Anthony’s bio as much as much as we did. It looks like Anthony has overcomed a lot of setbacks. Folks, if Anthony is not in your friends list please take the time to invite him. Anthony, we hope your new life in Oregon will be a rewarding and pleasant one for you and your lovely wife. I just got one question for you Anthony, if you ever get a pet mouse what are you going to call him? Cat? lol :-) Take care Anthony and enjoy your week! :-) Love and blessings to all of you from, John Sanchez and LaNell ********************************************************* ********************************************************* My Blogs Goodwill Ambassador If I'm not on your friends list please take the time to invite me. Thanks!
+0
Re: Welcome To The Feature Of The Week aka Person Of The Week! (43rd Edition)
5/14/2006 6:44:16 AM
Congratulations!! I'll keep your wife in my prayers, hope she improves and you have a wonderful life together!!!
Your Guruette On The Net Marianne McEachern Success Consultant
http://www.GuruetteOnTheNet.com
+0
Harold Coram

193 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/14/2006 7:28:00 AM
Hello John and LaNell, Great winner here with Anthony. Well Anthony, looks like we won't be fishing buds after all. You moving to Oregon and me and Shirl not moving to Henderson until early next year. Anyway, enjoy the limelight....and you and your lady Pam be well and enjoy life in Oregon. Harold (The Man With A Plan)
Your Road Map To Success
+0
Craftie Linda

1349 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
5/14/2006 7:28:05 AM
Hi Anthony Congratulations on joining the list. My prays are with you and your wifes move and hope that it helps her illness Linda
+0
Teri Fitzgerald

166 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/14/2006 7:39:11 AM
Oregon is a wonderful choice Anthony. ;-) Congratulations to you on this weeks Honor! May you and your dear wife find happiness in your choice of a new home, and in all that you do. Enjoy each moment, Teri ~
~ Mother Earthbeats ~ This Virtual World ~*~ Walk in Grace, Beauty and Balance... ~*~
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!