Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Kaka-Old Nordic word--I
5/20/2006 5:14:30 PM
Yes CAKE - Kaka...yum...old norse? french kaka is kaka as in the baby did kaka in her pants? interesting forum!!!! enjoy Beth
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/20/2006 5:26:46 PM
Glad you stopped by. As mentioned before, the word kaka has different meanings. Just as the name John or Peter has another meaning so kaka in various languages has different meaning. Here we consider the words cake, kaka, and words for the most delicious sweet bread like dessert. Would you have a recipe to contribute? Stop by again.
+0
Re: Kaka-Old Nordic word
6/19/2006 6:33:40 AM
Dear Mary I very busy I not have much time to visit. Until today In Thailand Cake we have the word "KHANOM CAKE" because this is not our culture then we call from the word mix with Thai word. Thailand we have plenty of sweet after we finish main dish. We can not explain all. But most of dessert we make from sugar (sugar cane) palm sugar coconut cream rice powder wheat powder or tapioca powder. If you like to learn cooking all Thaifood I think you must take time more than 1 year to know all. But for my idea I accept only "hungry is a best sauce" eating with out hungry is terrible for me.
017882727 Vasin Thaithae
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Kaka-Old Nordic word
6/19/2006 7:36:09 AM
Vasin, Thank you for taking the time to visit. You are busy running a resort and know that English is a challenge for you. Your effort is appreciated. We do not realize that beet sugar and cane sugar are not the only sweetners. Thank you for educating us. We can learn more of your culture if you can post a recipe on the recipe pages. The philosopy of eating when hungry would be good for us to adopt here in America.
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/25/2006 8:04:39 AM
Hello Mary, Thank you for the invitation. It strange Greeks have a very rich glossary but we do not have any special word for cake. The word we use is 'Γλυκισμα' "glykisma" meaning cake, pastry, confectionery, tuck. Immιgrants from Sweden learned the native Greeks to use the Swedish words "kaka", "bulle". Swedish >kaka Dannish >kage German >der Kuchen. Different cakes in Swedish and German honungskaka=Honigkuchen, der kladdkaka=Klebkuchen, der sockerkaka =Zuckertorte, die pepparkaka=Pfefferkuchen, der kaka=Kuchen pannkaka=Pfannkuchen, der I could not find any good and direct analysis of the word "kaka". Best Regards Georgios
ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!