Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Kaka
5/15/2006 3:01:15 PM
Some one please explain castor sugar. I am familar with refined (beet, or cane) sugar, confection sugar ( very refined sugar), brown sugar (sugar with molasses)
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Kaka
5/15/2006 3:06:50 PM
Hi Vasin, Thank you for visiting here. I rather thought all Asian countries did not have cake due to absence of flour. It makes sense that rice could be used as it is a starch. If I understand right, cake in Thailand is called Kha-Nhom. That is what I will post until I hear from you. Would you ever put anything like nuts, spices , fruit in your cake. Explain a little more.
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Kaka-Old Nordic word
5/17/2006 4:03:52 AM
Hi Mary, Your topic certainly caught my eye, as I used to really enjoy the plumkaka my wife's great aunt used to make! I've enjoyed both parts I and II - a very interesting subject! Thank you! God bless, Dave
+0
Michael Teka

89 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
5/18/2006 2:54:48 AM
Hi Mary, interesting thread. Kaka is the name for south island parrot in Maori (New Zealand). They are very cheeky birds with very strong beaks, which they use to break into cars by pulling the window rubbers out, and unless your valuables are stowed away in a strong steel box, you may not be pleased with the birds.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/18/2006 3:21:39 AM
Hi Michael, So nice to hear from you. Yes, when I was told that kaka was still a word in use today, I looked it up on the internet and there was your big bad bird. I did not realize he was quite that cleaver, devious and mean. As per our subject here, do you have any memories or family traditions pertaining to cake? Come back often and share more of your world in Aussie Land http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShow.aspx?ForumID=13603 Check our our Cookbook. The first pages are listed there for you to enter some recipes.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!