Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Valerie Clavin

4235 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Adlandpro Community Cookbook
8/16/2006 6:41:46 PM
Hi Mary, Thank you for inviting me to post here. This is a great idea. I have 2 German food recipes. They come from my dad's mom who came to the US as a small child. She was Low German and my mom's mother was High German. Neither of them could understand the others German language. Anyway, I'm not sure the correct spelling of the recipes or for sure where to put them. One is for Kneble which consists of flour,salt,water,potato,then sour cream & crushed bacon. The other we called Cheese pockets. They are made from noodle dough, cottage cheese, eggs and then again sour cream and crushed bacon. Thanks and Many Blessings Valerie Clavin
+0
8/27/2006 2:56:02 PM

Hi Mary,

Thank you for inviting me to this forum.  What a great idea again...I like to contribute a Hungarian recipe what my American friends love to eat.  They ask me to make them almost every time they come over.  It is easy to make and ready in short time.

Cottage Cheese Boiled Pastry

Ingredients:  1 pound noodles

1 pound cottage cheese

1/2 pound sliced bacon

1/2 pound sour cream

1/2 tsp salt

Cut bacon to little pieces and fry until crunchy.  Put to the side.  At the same time boil noodles in hot water with salt.  When noodles are ready, mix in ingredients (cottage cheese, sour cream and bacon). Also, put on a little fat from the bacon.  It is good if you like with more salt, also yummy with sugar (or other sweetener) if you are sweet-toothed.  Feeds min. four people.  I hope you like it as well as my daughter does who was born in the United States.

Ildiko "There is no mistake so great as the mistake of not going on."...W.Blake Create streams of residual income: Seamless VOIP for mobile phones worldwide: http://BizBuzz.ws/BestDealin06
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/27/2006 3:34:38 PM
Hi Valerie, I added noodles and dumplings to the bread page. Thanks for your contributions.
+0
Cheryl Bowman

124 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/5/2006 2:50:47 PM

Hi, Mary  -

How about adding a crockpot category? :)

Cheryl

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/5/2006 2:56:49 PM
OK, Cheryl your on. Thanks for the suggestion. Will pull out my favorite right now.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!