Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Cheri, Winston, Deborah, Martha, Kathy... html/website unit
7/1/2006 1:49:53 PM
Hi Larry! I used to use Front Page before finding Linda's forum! Knew it inside out! But since being a guinea pig for Linda's course here, I've completely removed it from my computer as it isn't even on the same playing field as learning the HTML itself. I get things done in a mere fraction of the time now. Not to mention, search engine rankings....now I have them! That's something I wasn't getting using WISYWIG programs. LOL Just something to think about...
+0
7/1/2006 3:40:32 PM
Hey Winston; ===== I used to use Front Page before finding Linda's forum! Knew it inside out! But since being a guinea pig for Linda's course here, I've completely removed it from my computer as it isn't even on the same playing field as learning the HTML itself. I get things done in a mere fraction of the time now. Not to mention, search engine rankings....now I have them! That's something I wasn't getting using WISYWIG programs. LOL ===== May I use that on the site? I'm building an entire DIY center for people trying to make something work online. : ) Linda
+0
7/1/2006 6:17:00 PM
I used to use Front Page also, but switched to Dreamweaver. I know, I know it is not like doing the html yourself but I just wanted to say since learning some things from Linda I can look at my code and see things that are wrong. Like the other day I was trying to put my site map link in my navigation and something was wrong. Looked at the Bloom's Nursery link and discovered it wasn't closed. Hey, I wouldn't have known what I was looking at before. Now I'm not saying I'm going to be hand coding anytime soon but at least I'm learning a little about it. About the search engine rankings. I used to be in the top pages of the major search engines even with Front Page. Not so anymore. Still trying to figure out what happened with that. Martha
+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
7/1/2006 6:53:56 PM

May I use that on the site? I'm building an entire DIY center for people trying to make something work online.
You sure can! :-)
+0
8/22/2006 6:54:08 AM
OK, I'm back to this. Just about all I have to do outside is weed and that has gotten to my back so I am starting to work on this unit again. Levi is learning about css and I wanted to keep up. Not really. But I did want to put headings in my site. So I started reading and that led me to css. Made a style sheet for an interesting scrollbar following Linda's example, referenced one page for a test, uploaded everything and it didn't work. Started grumbling and Levi actually gave me some of his precious time and tried to help. He made a couple of changes but it still doesn't work. Anyone want to look at my code and see if they see what is wrong. It has the changes that Levi called for. I haven't done anything with the headings yet. Just was trying for the scrollbar for fun. It was anything but fun. http://marthasgourds.com/css.css http://marthasgourds.com/gourdinfo/craftingwithgourds.htm Martha
+0