Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Larry Anderson

2606 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Rules Kids Won't Learn in School 5.3.06
5/3/2006 5:58:16 AM
Rules Kids Won't Learn in School Rule #1. Life is not fair. Get used to it. The average teenager uses the phrase "it's not fair" 8.6 times a day. You got it from your parents, who said it so often you decided they must be the most idealistic generation ever. When they started hearing it from their own kids, they realized Rule #1. Rule #2. The real world won't care as much about your self-esteem as your school does. It'll expect you to accomplish something before you feel good about yourself. This may come as a shock. Usually, when inflated self-esteem meets reality, kids complain that it's not fair. (See Rule No. 1) Rule #3. Sorry, you won't make $50,000 a year right out of high school. And you won't be a vice president or have a car phone either. You may even have to wear a uniform that doesn't have a Gap label. Rule #4. If you think your teacher is tough, wait 'til you get a boss. He doesn't have tenure, so he tends to be a bit edgier. When you screw up, he is not going ask you how feel about it. Rule #5. Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your grandparents had a different word for burger flipping. They called it opportunity. They weren't embarrassed making minimum wage either. They would have been embarrassed to sit around talking about Fifty Cent all weekend.
Larry Anderson 1st vice president http://www.whaspllc.com Get what you want but want what you get Wherever you go-there you are Skpe ID:larryeanderson
+0
Scott Reynolds

493 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Rules Kids Won't Learn in School 5.3.06
5/3/2006 6:29:11 AM
Mornin Larry, I have to go to work, I still don't make over $50,000. It aint fair! What really isn't fair is I have always had a job, even if I didn't like it or someone I had to work with. I "KNOW" I have to work to have anyhing, including food on the table. Or a table to put food on. How can some of the kids today think someone else owes them everything? Dosen't everyone Owe Me? You? Well I Have to go to work. See you this evening.
+0
Larry Anderson

2606 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/3/2006 6:37:23 AM
Good Morning Scott Apparently the kids nowadays don't know what the word work means And if you turn them out when they are of age, they can sue you Life isn't fair-get used to it
Larry Anderson 1st vice president http://www.whaspllc.com Get what you want but want what you get Wherever you go-there you are Skpe ID:larryeanderson
+0
5/3/2006 7:02:33 AM
Good morning Larry: AMEN! I have a teenage son (14). Where do they get this attitude that the world owes them everything?! I have never had anything much in my life, so I can't see him getting it from me. I blame society on a lot of the attitude kids have today! I have worked since I was 15 years old. I have lived on my own since I barely turned 16! I'm a survivor! I want my son to have the same values, but somewhere that lesson defitnitely got lost!!! He thinks life is all about video games, music, and whatever he wants! Boy, is he in for a rude awakening! There is so much more, but I won't fill the page with it. Maybe I'll start a forum on Teenagers, so that parents can go there and discuss and receive helpful suggestions on their teenagers! Is there already one out there? If so, I haven't received an invitation! Ha! Thanks Larry.
+0
Larry Anderson

2606 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
5/3/2006 7:09:22 AM
Good Morning Carolyn My kids are all grown up, gone and got kids of their own and some of those kids have kids My kids learned after they had kids and I think most of them do One trouble with my kids is if they wanted something, mother would get it for them but when she passed away they came to me and asked and I said NO That's partly the reason they hate me today Oh well, such is life and I've learned to live with it
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!