Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nathan Services Inc

101 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Calendars!
4/27/2006 10:15:34 AM
Hi Ana. This is very good research on your part....I also think of the Jewish calender on this subject...where the Jews kept to two calenders one for civil use and the other for feasts and holy days....One calender had Tishri as the first month of the year which was around October and the other had Nisan as the first month of the year which is April...the celebration of Easter occurred in the Month Nisan....also a funny occurrence of simultanaeity arrived in the month Nisan at the ressurection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...the pagans where celebrating a festivity to Es Terr a goddess of fertility, who was symbolized by the egg and the rabbit...these festivities just happened to be occuring in the month Nisan simultaneous to the Resurrection of our Lord...and hence we now have Easter...that brings along with it some of these other traditions..that do not necessarity pertain directly to Christ...rev. nathan
+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/27/2006 1:03:53 PM
Thank you Rev. Nathan for your input here. I know so little about the jewish customs and holidays. You are always welcome :-)
+0
Georgios Paraskevopoulos

5965 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/17/2008 9:39:17 PM
Hello Ana Maria!

Coming back a year after I want to tell our friends tha tthis year the Easter Celebration around the world is in different dates depending on the Julian and the Gregorian calendar.

Here is a clip from the Romanian Orthodoxy following "the old calendar".
A nice trip over Romanian regions

HAPPY EASTER (GLOBAL ORTHODOXY)
GOERGIOS

ETERNAL WISDOM-Know ThySelf, PHILOXENIA MetaCafe, Adlanders In Facebook
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!