Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mairead Ni Maonaigh

135 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Paranormal Or Unusual Experiences!
4/1/2006 12:36:28 PM
Hi John, I love discussions about all things strange and spooky... Great Forum Mairead
+0
4/1/2006 12:43:24 PM
Hi John & LaNell, Interesting topic. I've experienced all of the choices listed. What was strange to me, was when I realized that most people I knew didn't have the same experiences I did. No wonder people looked at me strangely! :-) After I left my husband, the kids & I lived in a small mountain community. We rented an old house that was originally on Indian land. It didn't take long (that first evening) to discover we lived in a haunted house. He'd been very mellow while I was looking at the house & the price was great, so I jumped at it. No warning signs (which I usually would get). Anyway, he started playing tricks on us, things like turning off the TV when you were watching it, or turning it on after you'd turned it off and heading upstairs to bed. He picked up my daughter Gina's alarm clock & walked it across the room. She was definitely scared & awed by that one. We did some digging into the house's past, I did some searching in my own way as well. What we discovered was the ghost was the original owner of the house, who had built the main part of the house for him & his family. He died there. We lived there 2 years before we had to move on due to my job. In that whole time, none of us were hurt, or truly scared---startled yes. He got used to us quickly apparently & even protected us when the next door neighbor's son tried to break in. The kid never came near our house again after that night. I'm not sure what he saw---my oldest daughter & I only saw a beautiful white light surrounding our house. I have fond memories of our friendly ghost. Lorraine
+0
4/1/2006 1:15:44 PM
Hi, John and Lanell, Hi Lorraine: Thank you for starting this forum. As a trained and practicing shaman I live in several realities, sometimes on different time schedules, and sometimes concurrently. One of my favourite "otherworldly" activities is sending towards their next existence of the energies that people who crossed over still leave behind. Years of training and a natural propensity made it for me an easy and joyous experience. Once, when a session designed for contacting other beings already free of their physicality went fast and time was left to look for another "job", I encountered the energy of a friend of mine whose physical body died about a month ago. Although when I knew her she was a married woman, living in an elegant house in Southern California, her remaining non-physical body was cowering in the corner of a closet, in an enormous mansion in Beverly Hills. A feeling of entrapment and oppression was all pervading. I cannot explain in words how it is that I sent her over on her flight to freedom and joy, on her way to ease and fulfillment, just in a blink of an eye there she was, on her way into the light ( for lack of better description). I have found out later that there was a period in her life when she was working as a housekeeper in a house of a rich mogul, and her life there was filled with put downs and hard knocks, which she felt she had to accept as it was a means of survival for an immigrant. Many tribal and ethnic cultures still practice weeks, months and even years of ceremonies for honoring and paving the way for the transition of their deceased.It is my knowing and experience that there is definite purpose to such practices. With love and gratitude, Izabel
+0
John Rivera

1329 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
4/1/2006 2:07:20 PM
Hi John, This particular topic did nothing for me. I took the poll and checked off other...In other words, none of those things have ever gone through me, my body or my brain. Maybe I'm not or don't believe much about this type of behavior. But good to see the imput others have had, wether it's just to post or if complete fabrication on their part. :) ------------------------------------ Place a FREE AD on me: http://FreeAdTraffic.com
+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
4/1/2006 2:38:09 PM
Hello Everyone! Near-Death Experiences are described in a similiar way. Look at this link on NDE. LaNell ;-) http://www.mindspring.com/~scottr/end.html
+0