Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Slow Down And Enjoy The Things That Really Matter!
3/25/2006 2:25:27 AM
"I do what it takes to care for my physical, mental and emotional health" Is you e-mail box overflowing? Is your out-box being squeezed shut by all the "To-Do's" in your in-box? Are you feeling overwhelmed and feeling like there is not enough time in a day to get everything done? If so, you need to stop and take time to simplify your life! When you do that, you will have more time for things that are really important to you...spending time with your family and friends, reading, exercising, traveling etc. What you got to do is look for ways to simplify your daily chores! You can start this by having better organization, changing some of your old habits, asking other people for help, or simply by saying "NO" sometimes! Slowing down is something that is absolutely essential for one's physical, mental and emotional well being. So, slow down for your own good health! Marilyn L. Ali
Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

+0
Danny Mills

302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Slow Down And Enjoy The Things That Really Matter!
3/25/2006 3:06:28 AM
Got this story in my inbox. Good place for it as my inbox was getting filled with to many to do's. Don't Hope Friend...Decide by Michael Hargrove While waiting to pick up a friend at the airport in Portland, Oregon, I had one of those life changing experiences that you hear other people talk about. You know, the kind that sneaks up on you unexpectedly? Well, this one occurred a mere two feet away from me! Straining to locate my friend among the passengers deplaning through the jet way, I noticed a man coming toward me carrying two light bags. He stopped right next to me to greet his family. First, he motioned to his youngest son (maybe six years old) as he laid down his bags. They gave each other a long, and movingly loving hug. As they separated enough to look in each other's face, I heard the father say, "It's so good to see you, son. I missed you so much!" His son smiled somewhat shyly, diverted his eyes, and replied softly, "Me too, Dad!" Then the man stood up, gazed in the eyes of his oldest son (maybe 9) and while cupping his son's face in his hands he said, "You're already quite the young man. I love you very much Zach!" They too hugged a most loving, tender hug. His son said nothing. No reply was necessary. While this was happening, a baby girl (perhaps one or one and a half) was squirming excitedly in her mother's arms, never once taking her little eyes off the wonderful sight of her returning father. The man said, "Hi baby girl!" as he gently took the child from her mother. He quickly kissed her face all over and then held her close to his chest while rocking her from side to side. The little girl instantly relaxed and simply laid her head on his shoulder and remained motionless in total pure contentment. After several moments, he handed his daughter to his oldest son and declared, "I've saved the best for last!" and proceeded to give his wife the longest, most passionate kiss I ever remember seeing. He gazed into her eyes for several seconds and then quietly said, "I love you so much!". They stared into each other's eyes, beaming big smiles at one another, while holding both hands. For an instant, they reminded me of newlyweds but I knew by the age of their kids that they couldn't be. I puzzled about it for a moment, then realized how totally engrossed I was in the wonderful display of unconditional love not more than an arm's length away from me. I suddenly felt uncomfortable, as if I were invading something sacred, but was amazed to hear my own voice nervously ask, "Wow! How long have you two been married?" "Been together fourteen years total, married twelve of those." he replied without breaking his gaze from his lovely wife's face. "Well then, how long have you been away?" I asked. The man finally looked at me, still beaming his joyous smile and told me, "Two whole days!" Two days?! I was stunned! I was certain by the intensity of the greeting I just witnessed that he'd been gone for at least several weeks, if not months, and I know my expression betrayed me. So, I said almost offhandedly, hoping to end my intrusion with some semblance of grace (and to get back to searching for my friend), "I hope my marriage is still that passionate after twelve years!" The man suddenly stopped smiling. He looked me straight in the eye, and with an intensity that burned right into my soul, he told me something that left me a different person. He told me, "Don't hope friend...decide." Then he flashed me his wonderful smile again, shook my hand and said, "God bless!". With that, he and his family turned and energetically strode away together. I was still watching that special man and his exceptional family walk just out of sight when my friend came up to me and asked, "What'cha looking at?" Without hesitating, and with a curious sense of certainty, I replied, "My future!" What matters most! Dan
+0
Danny Mills

302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/25/2006 3:12:55 AM
Don't sweat the small stuff. Get the most important thngs done to buy your self more time for the things that really are the most important to you in life like your loved ones and family. The following is the philosophy of Charles Schultz, the creator of the "Peanuts" comic strip. You don't have to actually answer the questions. Just read straight through, and you'll get the point what I believe is the mission of everyone at EverythingForSuccess. Name the five wealthiest people in the world. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners. Name the last five winners of the Miss America. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winner for best actor and actress. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners. The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners List a few teachers who aided your journey through school. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with. The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones who care! And you'll discover that we really do care about being a positive influence among each other and there to lend a hand when needed. Have an awesome day! Dan
+0
Manuel Davis

261 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/25/2006 4:04:36 AM
Marilyn, You must have been checking in my In Box, I have at any given time at the minimum 85 emails waiting to be answered, and as hard as I try to get them down when I re-open my mail box in the morning there are another eighty or so emails waiting to be answered, and That is just the one email address. Besides this, email address I have three others, which include the AdlandPro mail box. So as I said you hit the nail on the head, when you mentioned bursting email boxes. I enjoy it even though it is always a job getting them answered, the internet is one of the best Baby-Boomer inventions ever and I am proud to be among the generation that created said atmosphere... I will be looking forward to your next email and perhaps I scatted around the topic, but I said what I had to say and I enjoy your posts all the time. May I interject here, we all have heard of Video email, also a Baby Boomer invention. Well is on the rise so I would suggest that everyone look out for it, and those who are able to get in on the ground floor should do so, because it is here, and growing... Respectfully, Manuel D.
+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/25/2006 8:06:06 AM
Hello Marilyn, Yes,slow down, that says it all. Thank you for this forum. Love,
+0