Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Blind man
3/22/2006 9:54:50 PM
Very touching story Tim. Thanks for sharing. It makes you grateful for what you have, plus helps you realize that you need to look at things in new ways. DonnaZ
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/22/2006 10:49:25 PM
Hi, Tim In my world, it's called, advertise benefits, not features. How does that relate, you ask? "I am blind, please help." is a feature. A statement of facts, with an appeal. But what's in it for the passerby? Just another of many they see for help every day. One becomes inured to it...there's bad news every day. What's one more? The publicist wrote something that broke through that...made the passerby feel empathy for the blind man. This, though you wouldn't think of it as a benefit, has the same impact. What does it make you feel like? That's the selling point to focus on. This is a great illustration of how to market a product. How will it make me feel to own it, or if I don't own it? That's what will sell it. Packaging this story as an inspirational one, complete with good Samaritan and happy outcome, was brilliant. Cheri
+0
3/22/2006 11:19:55 PM
Wow, I really liked this. It sure proves that how you say or do something can really have an impact on others and you're right if you keep doing the same things you will keep getting the same results either for good or bad. Alana
+0
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/24/2006 1:15:39 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments, none the least Cheri for your insight into the very kernal of wisdom contained in the story that all Marketers should pay attention to. Funny enough, I got the story from another list I belong to that has NOTHING to do with Marketing. It goes to show how true wisdom knows no boundaries ;-)
Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!