Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Welcome To the 35th Edition Of the Person Of The Week!
3/19/2006 7:19:09 PM
*************************************************************** *************************************************************** Greetings To Everyone At AdlandPro From John Sanchez and LaNell! It’s time again for my favorite project of the week and that is the Feature of The Week! It is my favorite project because you folks and the POTW’s of the week make it a very special event. We are all so fortunate to be a part of this community that is made up of so many friendly and talented people. Thank you so much for your support and for making this event so special. Love and Blessings to you all! John R. Sanchez The reason the Feature of the Week forum was created was to honor people who have a positive influence on this community. To qualify the person has to be an active member and one who contributes to the positive atmosphere here AdlandPro. Here are the criteria for selecting a member for the Feature of the Week (also referred to as the Person of the Week, POTW). This criterion can be seen at the site below: Criterion How Do I Get Selected as Person of the Week? To be chosen as Person of the week you: • Are highly visible on the community • Are always seen as respectful, professional, and helpful. • Must be nominated for the program by another member of the Community and voted on by other members. ****************************************************************** Good day Mates! You guessed it, this week’s POTW is another Aussie, and her name is Holly Goodyer. Holly is a very neat lady with a great sense of humor. She has a contagious laugh that makes her fun to be around. Holly is also very professional and definitely an asset to our community. Congratulations Holly on being voted Person of the Week! ****************************************************************** Here is Holly’s Bio: Hi, I would like firstly to thank everyone who voted for me for this most prestigious and honored position in this wonderful community. Since belonging to Adland I have met some of the nicest people and have made some very firm friendships from people all over the world. Let me start with my story. I was born in Sydney of Australian parents, but have a mixture of Italian and Irish in my background .My grandparents were English, and made their way out here by ship back in the 1800's. Their parents before them were Italian and Irish. I have only 1 sister, and we grew up in a small supurb called Earlwood about 8 miles from the GPO in Sydney. School was pretty normal and went to the local schools around Canterbury. I attended Canterbury Girls High School, and graduated with the equivalent in todays schooling with the High School Certificate. My first taste of the outside world, was to go a college to learn the Comptometer, it was an adding machine of sorts, by today’s standards of computers it was pretty archaic. I was called a Comptometer Operator. My first job I got was at Peters Ice Cream, and as of today cannot stand ice cream as the smell from the factory coming into the office where I worked I can still smell to this day. I finally left there and went to work then at The Sydney Morning Herald. which today is still one of the largest newspapers in Australia. I stayed there until my marriage. During my time at school, I met my first boyfriend and we ended up getting married when I was only 20. The ensuing years saw us have 3 children, and at one stage they were 3 under 3. They were Donna, Angela and Peter. Being a very young mum cannot recall having any flaps about anything and the children of course grew up and have gone on to have their own families .I am a proud grandmother to 10 wonderful grandkids. During the growing up years we moved a bit from state to state with my then husband’s job. We went to Brisbane and finally to Melbourne, where the children did the rest of their growing up years and through their teens. I was always a stay at home Mum and filled my time with the everyday things of going to the gym and ten pin bowling, not to mention the housework. After 20 years of marriage, my husband and I mutually went our seperate ways, and I was delighted to be back in the work force, with the stimulation that I had missed for so many years. I decided to do a course, and in time became a Beauty Therapist which I practised for some time, before gaining my own salon. This involved facials, waxing and massage. I don't know if it was because for so many years as a stay at home mum that my thirst for knowlege just couldn't seem to be filled, I decided to give the Beauty Therapy away and pursue a Real Estate career. I became a first class saleswoman and worked for a long time in that industry, that was a strange industry as mostly it turned out that people usually bought the opposite of what they requested at our first meeting. I would go looking for the flat block to list or the sloping one whatever they expressed desire for and would find out in time that they had purchased just the opposite. It was a real learning curve but eventually got used to it, and it helped me in gaining a lot of respect and knowledge for peoples wishes. It was here that I met my present husband John, who I sold a house to We became very good friends and in time decided to get married. John had a landscaping business and I eventually gave up the Real Estate to become his labourer. They were the happiest times I can remember in my life, and it was nothing for me to be able to wheel 40 bricks in a wheel barrow. As you can see I was pretty strong. Those days were so rewarding to see what we created in peoples gardens every week. Sometimes it was starting from scratch in a new house to create their new garden and other times it was re-doing something that needed a face lift. Creation has always been one of my pet things, and I also attempted a lot of hand crafts as well, decoupage, leadlighting etc. I did a lot of local markets where I sold my hand made efforts. We were blessed with the birth of our son, Daniel who John's only child and has just had his 17th Birthday. When Daniel was 2 John and I moved to Sydney from Melbourne so I could be close to my Mum. We settled in to a rural villiage called Tahmoor, just up the road from Picton, about 1/1/2 hours south west of Sydney in the beautiful Southern Highlands .It has grown a lot in the years, but there is still a lot of rural properties close by with horses, cows etc, so its very much like living in the country. We have been here ever since. We had our own business and I did housecleaning for agents, these were mostly rental properties and John took care of the outside and handyman work. This was a real eye opener into how some people lived their lives, filth and squaller was normal, but it was always a satisfactory feeling to have done the house and see it back to its original clean self, and the gardens all looking great again. We have recently started up the business again, but my days of cleaning are over thank goodness, my elderly father has lived with us for the past 2 years and I am his carer and I concentrate on the Internet as I have done on and off over the past 6 years. My years involved with the Internet, has rewarded me with some financial rewards but mainly the people I have met over the years in both marketing and web design have become very old friends indeed now. They are from all over the world, this Internet sure does shrink it. These people have become family and I do know that people in these situations are some of the most helpful people you will ever find. Everyone always seems to want to help other people with the same interests and that is where Adland has shone brightly with the people I have met here and the holding out of those helping hands has been just awesome. I feel very proud and humbled by this amazing honour that has been presented to me, and thank God every day for my life and the experiences that I have already had and that I will have in the future. I have learned that gratitude is the most important quality to possess, and to thank Our Lord everyday for my existance and for the existance of all those that I come into contact with and love. God Bless All, Holly Goodyer ****************************************************************** Folks, please take the time to show Holly why we appreciate her so much. If she’s not on your friends list please take the time to invite her to be your friend and then invite her out for some ice cream. lol :-) Enjoy your week of honor Holly. We love you! :-) Love and blessing to all of you from, John Sanchez and LaNell *************************************************************** *************************************************************** My Blogs Goodwill Ambassador BioPerformance
+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Welcome To the 35th Edition Of the Person Of The Week!
3/19/2006 7:29:40 PM
Hello John and LaNell, Congratulations Holly!!! Enjoy your week. Warmest Regards,
+0
3/19/2006 7:36:09 PM
HI John, Thanks for another great POTW forum and a very nice perso to be honoring this week! CONGRATULATIONS HOLLY! I thik it is fantastic you were are being our POTW this week. I have read your bio and you really deserve to have this honor! Enjoy your week in the spotlight! God Bless, Marilyn
Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

+0
3/19/2006 7:38:34 PM
Hello John and LaNell, and Congratulations Holly! You look fantastic! Now one would ever believe you're the grandmother of 10! Enjoy your week! Anne
www.PeopleZTeam.com
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/19/2006 7:45:01 PM
A Greattttttttttt and interesting life! Thank you and have a wonderful week! Linda
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!