Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Stigma and discrimination exposed in our own community
3/18/2006 6:51:24 AM
Hello Bill, I thought of the same thing after I laid down to sleep last night, I thought that my belielfs in policts would be best just stated and not debated. I too plan on just stating them in a forum but not for open discussion. Glad we came to a peaceful conclusion, I don't like having unresolved issues with someone because it causes a heaviness in ones soul. I think Lisa will agree to that too, we felt much better after our discussion yesterday. Take care! JOHN
+0
Lisa Westberry

1972 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/18/2006 10:04:30 AM
Hello William and John, This is what is great. People being able to talk and communicate and come to an agreement of peace,respect,and or to agree to disagree. If there are subjects that can not be discussed then you realize that it is best not to. There is no room for bitterness, anger,and gossip in our community. There is allot of us that want to help others and show this community to be the best. I have to say from my experiences, it would be really wonderful if all could be this mature to just talk things out and lay disagreements to rest and move forward. Actually, I feel when you have disagreements with people and can resolve them, the relationship turns into a whole different form of respect and closeness that makes the friendship even better. Right??? I think so. It does feel so good. Your Very Good Friend,
+0
3/18/2006 10:29:22 AM
Greetings All I was watching a late night interview with Mr. Bush just the other night. When asked about his preferences in the roe vs wade dilema he replied "Oh my. It was awful. Some of them were rowing out of there. Some of them were wading out of there. However, if given a choice, I think I would prefer to row" LOL Sincerly, Bill
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
3/18/2006 11:11:36 AM
Hello Bill & John, First I would like to say that I am so happy to see that this situation has come to a happy ending. You are both gentlemen and good friends and I hated to see this problem going on. Bill, I do hope that you know that I was not taking sides here. I was merely trying to point some things out and trying to help bring a resolution to the problem. We have a great community here and would hate to see it tarnished by disagrrements among members. We all just need to remember to respect each other and also remember that no 2 people think alike. We are all entitled to our beliefs and opinions...we do not have to agree with the other person's opinions just respect them. Who is to say who is right and who is wrong...we just need to agree to disagree and that is okay to disagree! Wouldn't the world be very dull and boring if we all had the same thoughts, opinions, feelings etc.? God created us with different minds as I stated before...therefore we will not agree with everything someone else thinks and that is okay! Thank you gentlemen for bringing this to a positive and peaceful resolution! God Bless You All, Marilyn
Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

+0
3/21/2006 2:32:04 PM
Hi, Bill. I am saddened to be meeting you under these unfortunate circumstances. But I thought I would put my 2 cents in. I have Bipolar Mania. And through the years, I have suffered just as most with mental illness do, with the judgements placed upon "us" that have "issues". While I haven't had any depression episodes for many years now, I still get manic attacks that can last anywhere from hours to weeks, or even months at a time. But instead of looking at myself as having a problem, I go at it like it is a gift. Those of us with mental illness are some of the most creative, intellectual and introspective people on the planet. I choose to use the manic attacks that I hav to puch the creativity envelope with my business and by writing and teaching my children. Even though most of use are very secure with who we are and what we have, it can still hurt when someone makes a judegement that is unfounded. And I as well as, I am sure, those who can relate, all felt the sting of prejudice with John's comments. Jessica Gray
Jessica M. Gray
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!