Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
What turns you off enough to make you leave a website?
3/15/2006 9:43:31 PM
Hi: We get a lot of people asking why their sites don't work. (Hence, the Monday reviews.) So, I thought I'd turn the tables and look at websites from the consumer/shopper/visitor perspective. As a consumer/shopper/visitor, have you ever gone to a website and just LEFT in pure frustration? Or disgust? Why? What makes you leave a web site? What turns you off about a web site? What screams "scam" or "sham" to you? What is just frustrating to you? : ) Linda
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: What turns you off enough to make you leave a website?
3/15/2006 9:50:11 PM
Hi Linda, My number one turn off? - being made to jump through hoops. Gary
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/15/2006 10:00:20 PM
Oh, here's some more: - abusive sites like the one where people get incessantly calles "sh*tweasels." (you know the site Linda), - smart alec sites like RichJerk, - sites that promise but don't deliver, - sites riddled with speeling and gramterkal miztakes. I could go on. Gary
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/15/2006 10:03:26 PM
Hi, Linda! Glad you asked. Number 1 turnoff: Text on the home page that says one thing, surrounded by ad links that clearly demonstrate that the site owner either doesn't understand what's being advertised or doesn't care. An example: "Christian debt relief" surrounded by scam debt elimination schemes (just tell them you don't owe it), credit cleanup companies (who charge an arm and a leg for doing what you can do yourself with three simple letters) and debt consolidation loans (that's a whole rant, so I won't go there). There's nothing Christian about ripping off your customers and leaving them in worse shape than they were in before they met you. Almost as high on my list: a site that puts a large pop-up window in my face asking for a sign-up of some sort before I can see anything on the site. How would I know whether I wanted to sign up before exploring? Cheri
+0
3/15/2006 10:14:24 PM
Hi: ======================================== My number one turn off? - being made to jump through hoops. ======================================== What do you mean by jump through hoops? Examples? : ) Linda
+0