Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: What turns you off enough to make you leave a website?
3/15/2006 10:19:41 PM
My biggest peeve is just pure disorganization. You can have the best content in the world but if it's poorly orgainzed, I'm outta there!
+0
3/15/2006 10:23:44 PM
Hi; Thought I'd add one of mine. (I have lots!) When a site loads, I look at the size of the scroll bar on the right side. The smaller it is, the less likely I am to stay. Long boring pages have gotten old. Stick a fork in them - they're overdone online. Adding colors and yellow highlighter doesn't make them more exciting. It screams "newbie marketer" even louder. : ) L
+0
3/15/2006 10:25:07 PM
========================================= My biggest peeve is just pure disorganization. You can have the best content in the world but if it's poorly orgainzed, I'm outta there! ========================================= Like the sites where pages disappear from the navigation and you have to hunt to find which page the stupid link was on. LOL
+0
3/15/2006 10:25:34 PM
Unless I already know the website has something I am looking for then I think the number 1 thing for me is load time. Generally if I don't start to see something in 10 seconds or less, then poof I am gone. Then there are the websites that load and if you go to purchase something, as an example, and it takes more clicks than I can count on the fingers (No thumb) of one hand, then I am gone. FlashIng, blinking, smileys, banner upon banner upon banner. Vincent Flanders has this one listed today CLICK THIS, this site just plain sucks. You can see more at ,10 years of sucking!
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/15/2006 10:52:26 PM
Peter, Clicking on both links, I thought that webpagesthatsuck.com sucked on its own account. Cheri
+0