Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Rule #3
3/12/2006 11:40:04 AM
Hi, Donna, LOL. I guess sometimes we have to laugh to avoid crying, right? You know, after I posted the last response, I realized that there are two sides to that coin. We can be either the good example or the bad example. If we are the good example, does it harm us to be mentors to those who haven't always helped themselves well in the past? Taking this Mr. Kiers' advice absolutely literally and to its logical conclusion, everyone who is now financially insecure would be trapped in that situation due to the secure refusing to associate with them. Kathy posted right after you, Donna, and I believe she hit the nail on the head, too. With your permission, I'd like to influence you to stop overspending and begin to build financial security...ok? If you'll stick with me in future threads and/or subscribe to my newsletter, perhaps I'll be able to help you find ways to do it. Cheri
+0
3/12/2006 2:21:22 PM
Thanks, Cheri, for another good thread. Lawton
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/12/2006 10:41:14 PM
Arild, Lawton, You are both very welcome. Thanks for reading it and posting. Cheri
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/15/2006 5:04:47 PM
Hi Cheri, This goes against what I have been taught in Christian Ethics. First because someone is poor does not mean they will take advantage of me. Secondly, I was taught not to seek out those of the same social level but to assist those who can never pay you back. Those who have much, much will be required of them. Christians are taught to share their many blessings in the name of Christ. A good steward lives carefully and thus has more to share with others. I do not ignore those who flaunt and waste their finances but I am careful not to follow in their footsteps. I think it boils down to "givers should not hang out with takers". Wealthy people, same financial strata as myself, and poor alike can be takers. These people can be a bad influence and ruin ones stewardship.
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/16/2006 12:18:10 AM
Hi, Mary Well said. That just about puts the cap on this thread, so I've posted the last bit, here: http://community.adlandpro.com/forumShowPost.aspx?PostID=318883 Come on over and apply your clear and concise logic to it, too. Cheri
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!