Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Rule #3
3/11/2006 11:52:23 AM
In all the reading that I've done over the years on personal and financial success, they all pretty much agree with Francis Kier. Perhaps worded differently, but the message is the same. ntresting read and looking forward to #4.
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/11/2006 12:19:37 PM
Hi, all. Knew this one would create some controversy. But I think some of you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I would never suggest you drop a friend because of their economic circumstances...like Suze Orman says, "People first, then money." What I think the author is suggesting (as does Anthony Robbins, Jim Rohn and others) is that your closest associations strongly affect your habits, be they financial or in regard to goals and aspirations. For your mentors, pick associates that are aligned with your life goals, hopes and dreams. As for the others, forewarned is forearmed. (I'm just full of cliches today, aren't I?) There's an old Girl Scout song that sums it up: Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold. Cheri
+0
Donna Zuehl

2077 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/11/2006 8:57:20 PM
Hi Cheri, I live in an impoverished area of the midwest so don't have to worry about anyone influencing me to overspend. I manage to overspend all by myself, lol. DonnaZ
+0
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/12/2006 4:10:27 AM
Cheri, This is often the subject of my studies and conversation with my team. We tend to think and act like those who are closest to us. We just need to be careful. I agree with your last post. People first, then money. Great discussion.
+0
3/12/2006 7:29:43 AM
THANKS FOR ANOTHER GOOD POST MY FRIEND BEST REGARDS ARILD
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!