Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bank Scam emails.
3/9/2006 5:48:01 PM
Hi everyone. Well, it looks like they have started again, Phishing scam emails purporting to be from your bank but really from scammers trying to get your information so they can drain your accounts dry.

Please do not be fooled by these emails, your bank knows who you are & will always address you by name, they will never ask you for any information so please do as i am doing and send these emails to the FBI at. http://www.ic3.gov

Below is the somewhat convincing email. --------------------------------------------- Dear valued WellsFargo ® member: Due to concerns, for the safety and integrity of the wellsfargo account we have issued this warning message. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and renew your records you will not run into any future problems with the online service However, failure to update your records will result in account suspension This notification expires on March 10, 2006. Once you have updated your account records your wellsfargo account service will not be interrupted and will continue as normal. To update your WellsFargo® records click on the following link: https://secure.wellsfargo.com/onlineupdates/verification/wells_update.php It's Easy to Get Started: 1- sign on with your ssn or username and password. 2- Update your account information. Thank you for your attention to this matter. Accounts Management As outlined in our User Agreement, WellsFargo ® will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements. Sincerely, Wells Fargo Support Team . *Important* Please update your records on or before 48 hours, a failure to update your records will result in a temporal hold on your funds. Note: Wells Fargo Bank always contact its costumers about accounts expiring ( Read in Agree Terms section ) Learn More About: Banking Online Banking Bill Pay Checking Savings & CDs Credit Cards More >> Loans Home Equity Loans Home Mortgage Student Loans Personal Loans Auto Loans More >> Investing & Insurance Mutual Funds Brokerage IRAs Private Client Services Insurance More >> Financial Planning Credit Fraud Prevention Retirement Tools & Calculators Maximize Your Account More >> --------------------------------------------- Be specially careful with this type od email, there are a great amount of hyperlinks on the actuall email itself, hopefully none of them will be 'live' here. They all take you to spoof sites which will try to get your information, they also contain nasty virus's, so DO NOT CLICK anything in these type of emails. Your Security Friend in Las Vegas.
+0
Bev
Bev Hofmann

114 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Bank Scam emails.
3/9/2006 6:01:58 PM
Thanks a bunch for the reminder. We get a little complacent when we are on line so much. I got another one yesterday pretending it was from Paypal.
Cheers, Bev Advertising that actually pays you! http://www.bannersbroker.com/bevsbb
+0
Lee
Lee Talmadge

612 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/9/2006 6:17:43 PM
Hi Anthony, Thank You for the heads up will keep my rule in play when it comes to email and any ,oemy accounts if it is not in my main login of said account its all junk :-) Great job as always ,enjoy your evening :-) Lee
+0
Carla Carey

3910 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/9/2006 6:46:29 PM
HI ANTHONY, Thanks for the information and keeping us all updated on current scams. Have a good day! Carla :)
Glad to make your acquaintance! Carla Carey
+0
Antonina Mayzlin

33 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/9/2006 6:54:03 PM
Thank you Anthony! You can never be to much careful! I got something like this constantly!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!