Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
How To Get People to Open and Read Your Emails
3/9/2006 12:52:29 AM
Hi: Email newletters (ie; mailing lists) are a popular and effective method of reaching customers and prospective customers. Of course, in order to be effective, people need to open them and read them. A lot of "netrepreneurs" teach courses on "how to craft good subject lines," "how to write compelling newsletters," etc. The number of ebooks and articles on how to write a newsletter, how to write a subject line, etc almost boggle the mind. There is ONE element that is the very first deciding factor on whether people will open your email or not. Fail at that one, and nothing else matters. Do you know what it is? Take a guess. The answer might surprise you. : ) Linda
+0
Re: How To Get People to Open and Read Your Emails
3/9/2006 1:47:00 AM
Dear Linda, I know I don't open very many emails from strangers. Do I pass on this one? Sincerely,
Shannon Bolin
http://www.myspace.com/shannontucker1
+0
Mark Hodgetts

71 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/9/2006 2:36:50 AM
This might sound really basic, but the address has got to be a valid one and it would be more than helpful if you're message doesn't get blocked by the overly officious spam police. I have had numerous messages to friends and partners dissapear into cyberspace deemed apparently to be spam for reasons that escape me. In fact Yahoo blocks a lot of my inward mail so much so that I rarely use it anymore, because the important messages aren't getting through.
+0
Dave Cottrell

2802 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
3/9/2006 3:00:51 AM
Hi Linda, From personal experience, I would have to say that as I scan my email, the first thing I look at is who it's from to see if it's familiar, and THEN the subject line. Secondly, if the email is from someone I don't know, yet, and the subject line is a blatant offer, especially if it isn't addressed to me, personally, - into the trash bin it goes. I prefer to get to know someone before I do business with them. I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, Linda, and I look forward with great anticipation to watching this forum. God bless, Dave
+0
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/9/2006 3:27:47 AM
I agree Dave. That is what I do too. Additionally, I think the best marketers use the curiousity factor. Regards Gary Simpson.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!