Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Gary Simpson

557 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: How To Get People to Open and Read Your Emails
3/10/2006 2:26:46 AM
Ohhhhhhh Daaave! ================== "(I better stop....)" ================== You were just getting started. I enjoy a good rant but only if it makes sense and it isn't boring. Yours was going along rather nicely. Your two longest paragraphs rang so true. That is EXACTLY what I get from people at Adland - me, me, more me and me again mentality. Oh, an exception... Martha Bloom sent me a very nice invitation to be friends. How could I reject her approach? You see, Martha sent just a few sentences with her invite but I found it sincere. Why? Because Martha took the time to say something about me and to me that revealed a little bit of research on her part. In other words, Martha personalised it - a far cry from the "JOIN THIS, BUY THIS, I AM GOD'S GIFT" brigade. Anyway, back to you Dave - when you're on a roll keep at it. Posts are only too long when they are BORING or senseless. Yours was neither. Best Wishes Gary Simpson
+0
3/10/2006 8:09:59 AM
If I get a request to be a friend and all they give me is their offers, I accept but give them all my offers in the process. What goes around comes around. I always invite them to Linda's forums also and maybe they can get a better idea of how things are done. If I wouldn't have come here and started learning how to do things right I probably would have been just like them or eventually left adland because nothing was working. Now I'm basically here to read Linda's forums and a couple others. I think I better add Dave's to my list. Martha
+0
Winston Scoville

536 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/10/2006 8:29:57 AM
======================================= Most start out with junk like: "My good friend Johnny Rotten is pre-releasing a fire sale of all his greatest hints and tips to drive hundreds of thousands of qualified leads to your website and he's doing it from his seven million dollar yacht. Blah, blah, blah..." ======================================== Gee! Do you think when they do that it's a clear indication that their Yacht is starting to sink???? :-) A true indication that something is worthless is when they "give" it to you "free".
+0
Cheri Merz

1258 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
3/10/2006 9:55:13 PM
Hi, all. Gosh, am I the only one here who was gullible enough to buy a bunch of that stuff? Not recently, though... Funny thing, I probably have downloaded 3 free ones for every one I bought. I can only remember reading one of them all the way through, even among the ones I bought. That's the one where I got the idea I posted that Peter referred to in another thread. It seemed like a good idea, until Linda explained the realities. All I can say is, I'm sure glad we have Linda. Many if not most of us would still be floundering around trying to figure out why all the stuff we were doing wasn't working. This is much easier. Cheri
+0
3/11/2006 11:51:05 AM
One guy kept pounding me everyday with "be my friend" twice I said no, once with a reason. Finally I said yes so I could block him. :p
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!